“spicy, inexpensive, tasty”

Exotic Thai
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 17 July 2018

not a fancy ambiance, but wide menu of standard dishes, good service, tasty food ... best Thai in the area

Reviewed 18 June 2018

love Thai food. Nice selection of appetizers. I love their Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp and always order it. We eat there often.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We've been regulars here for years. Went at least once/week. In the past 6 months, there have been different servers every time we go. We missed our regular friendly servers, but the food was still good. Then, the menu changed with fewer items and more $$. Still OK. The last time we went it was awful. They served a scoop of glop instead of purple rice. When we sent it back, she came back with normal rice- like we wouldn't notice that it was a bowl of paste? She said it was cooked with too much water- OK, sure, but then you don't serve it. We asked for a greater proportion of vegetables to meat- less meat, more vegetables. There may have been an extra broccoli floret or 2. We got the bill; $2 for "extra broccoli". We didn't ask for extra anything. Sad to see our favorite restaurant go bad. We're not going back!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Awful! No taste of Thai cuisine at all. Bland. Thai is my favorite food and usually this place is good.
Maybe because it was lunch and take out and they were busy because they usually serve a delicious "spicy eggplant dish". The food was ready on time. The person that answered the phone had a hard time explaining the lunch specials and I had a hard time understanding. Maybe a better spoken person to interact with the public would have helped my experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

First time I went to Exotic Thai was in Thousand Oaks in 1989. The food was delicious. Since then they have expanded with more locations in Newbury Park and Agoura.
I go to the Newbury Park location mainly for take out And it is very good. They are quick and efficient and well priced.
My favorite dish is Green Curry Shrimp and I ask them to make the sauce thicker than they usually do.
Their lunches are also good and a good way to try different dishes.
So happy to have good Thai food close by.