“Best Hummus”
Review of Ali Baba

Ali Baba
Ranked #34 of 95 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I go there for the hummus. It's the best I've ever had. I could eat a bowlful. This is a very small local place that attracts a loyal following. Service is very friendly. The shawarma are good, but try the Lamb Hummus Alakafak (wow!).

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I wouldn't eat here only because of the cleanliness issues. There is always a weird sewage smell. Otherwise the food is tasty and prices and portions are reasonable.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

All of the dishes are fresh and delicious! Our favorites are chicken shawarma, falafel, but the stuffed salmon is out of this world. For cold nights the curry dishes really hit the spot and are the best of comfort foods. The made-from-scratch clam chowder can compete with the best of them as well as the homemade baklava. Ali Baba has been a family favorite for nearly 15 years and is consistently high quality and flavorful. Great for lunches too.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

The restaurant offers quick service and excellent Middle Eastern food. The chicken shawarma, falafel plate and Ful Medames are my favorites.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I love this place because they go that little bit extra. I had moris massalla chicken and vegetable samba and boy were they hot!!!! But I like that,some don't. Love the roti and yogurt dip. The chicken tikka starter was divine, the chicken cooked to perfection. I will continue to buy from here and they usually deliver within half an hour.

1  Thank flexcaredaily