“First class”

Holdrens Steaks and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Holdrens Steaks and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Dinner here was first class. Hostess sat us promptly and the wait staff was attentive and professional the entire evening.

We got pork chops with brussel sprouts and filet mignon with a baked potato. All done perfectly. The gin & tonic was refreshing and well-balanced. The sidecar was great.

Dining room is dark and quiet. Very good place for a quiet, relaxing and well-pampered meal.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I picked this restaurant after reading the reviews and my experience turned out to be a ‘mixed bag’ I’m afraid.

Positives: Great service, from attentive pleasant staff. Choice of wine and beers and carpaccio starter - very nice.

Negatives: It is incredibly dark in there and I guess that is their way, but I struggled to see my meal properly!! The biggest negative for me by far was my main course unfortunately; which was the seafood pasta. The seafood was plentiful and very tasty, but the sauce that covered everything was so creamy and bland it ruined it - which was so disappointing! It didn’t taste as though there was any seafood stock flavour to the sauce and in the end I left half of it as it was just too rich. What a waste of such great seafood...

Reviewed 29 July 2018

I have been to Holdrens several times over the last decade. It is a very good restaurant as the food is tasty. Price point seems about right for an evening out.

Why did I not rate this an excellent restaurant? They are perhaps a victim of their own success with our server and management appearing stressed and rushed. Maybe they just need a larger location as it is tight quarters. The outside seating looks quite comfortable, but inside diners get the glare every time a server goes outside during the early evening summer months.

I would go again, but avoid prime time if you want a relaxing night out with friends.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

We weren't too hungry so we went for the happy hour. We were surprised by the size of the menu and choices. There were quite a few. I ended up ordering the artichoke, filet mignon bites on rice, and a Caesar salad. For dessert, we got the sampler. The peanut butter pie was my favorite and then the cheesecake. I would definitely recommend eating there!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Bravo ... food very good tho not inexpensive ... Happy Hours wonderful tho arrive before 5 and patio is delightful