“Great Lunch Spot in Nevada City, CA”
Review of Matteo's Public

Matteo's Public
Ranked #8 of 60 Restaurants in Nevada City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Living in the foothills area you get to know the great go -to lunch spots in the area. Matteos is definately one of these. Matt the owner is usually there to greet customers, and make them feel very welcome. Rustic pub atmosphere with great comfort food. With live music many of the days of the week. Its a place to relax and take all of NC in. Great beers and friendly service. Tty the “Monster Burger”. Think ill head there now!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

went for dinner and drinks with another couple. cannot complain about the service. food was just ok and there is no house wine. should have tried the cheeseburgers. heard they were great. maybe next time

1  Thank pb1610
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This place is tucked in a corner a block off the traffic but well worth the trouble finding it. Seating can be tight as others have discovered it so go early! All food is superb using fresh local ingredients as much as possible. A good beer and wine list complements the meal and often features locally produced products. Having eaten here three times now, we have never had anything less than fantastic food. The last time my wife had a scotch egg with the best aioli that she has ever tasted and I had the spicy mussels which were fantastic.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I stopped at Matteo's Public for a couple of beers and a quick bite on my recent trip to Nevada City. I sat at the bar, which was close to the musician performing. It's awesome they have live music and it was excellent both nights. The beer selection is great, and the service was quick, especially for a weekend night. I ordered the fish tacos and they were tasty. I like the fact that a lot of the food items are organic and sourced locally. The guy sitting next to me offered me some garlic fries and they were the most garlicky fries I've ever had! The place is small and has a nice view. They have an outdoor patio and I would have loved to dine there with my dog, but sadly, dogs are not allowed on the patio.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Not a bad place for lunch or to have a drink and snack. Nice ambiance. Outside eating area was pleasant even in the heat.