“nothing special”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

went for dinner and drinks with another couple. cannot complain about the service. food was just ok and there is no house wine. should have tried the cheeseburgers. heard they were great. maybe next time

1  Thank pb1610

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This place is tucked in a corner a block off the traffic but well worth the trouble finding it. Seating can be tight as others have discovered it so go early! All food is superb using fresh local ingredients as much as possible. A good beer and wine list complements the meal and often features locally produced products. Having eaten here three times now, we have never had anything less than fantastic food. The last time my wife had a scotch egg with the best aioli that she has ever tasted and I had the spicy mussels which were fantastic.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I stopped at Matteo's Public for a couple of beers and a quick bite on my recent trip to Nevada City. I sat at the bar, which was close to the musician performing. It's awesome they have live music and it was excellent both nights. The beer selection is great, and the service was quick, especially for a weekend night. I ordered the fish tacos and they were tasty. I like the fact that a lot of the food items are organic and sourced locally. The guy sitting next to me offered me some garlic fries and they were the most garlicky fries I've ever had! The place is small and has a nice view. They have an outdoor patio and I would have loved to dine there with my dog, but sadly, dogs are not allowed on the patio.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Not a bad place for lunch or to have a drink and snack. Nice ambiance. Outside eating area was pleasant even in the heat.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

The food was really good. We went for lunch at noon on a Thursday and there was no one else in the place. The owner turned on music for us and asked about how we liked our meal. He asked us where we were from and what our plans were. The service was great since we were the only ones there. Lol! We had delicious food and everything was in a timely manner. We highly suggest the pulled pork sandwich. That was our favorite between the chicken and fish tacos. All was great though. Enjoyed the old brick walls and photos.