All reviews starry night chocolat room wine tasting barrel room bella tuscany other guests harvest suite private cottage downtown napa the main house fire pit bed and breakfast wine reception b bs each evening within walking distance to downtown sitting room
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We had a good two-night stay, with two rooms joined by a bathroom in between, perfect for three adults and a child. Free parking, free breakfast served hot in tables shared with others - no choise of breakfast so you get what they serve, but they accommodated by sister being gluten-free. Bed was really comfortable, but you could hear everything from the hall, when anyone comes later than you or leaves earlier, so cannot give full 5 stars, and also there is construction next door, and they started making noise early...
Wife not working 100%, but ok most of the time.
Good location walking distance from downtown. Free wine-tasting and cheese in their sister-hotel just 2 minutes away.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The rooms are a little old, there were some holes in the walls of our room (Bella Tuscany) that had been stuffed with cotton balls, but if you can get past that you’re golden! The room was a good size compared to other Inns we tried in the area. The AC was cold, rooms were clean, the staff members we met were incredible and accommodating, and the food...OMG! Breakfast every morning was absolutely amazing! We will definitely be back :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JLamb004
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Very nice old house, comfortable bed and very clean. We don't go to breakfast much so missed that. Friendly staff. A little hard to find because the drive just has an arrow and the building is not marked except as an Old World Inn. Upstairs is the usual long climb with your bags so ask for ground floor if you are not a climber.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I don’t think I have ever been more disappointed by a hotel, than I have been at the Cabernet House. I arrived half an hour after check in time to be told that the room was not yet ready. I booked the private cottage which is essentially at the back of the car park. Not a pretty location. As I pulled into the car park, I could see the staff still in the room cleaning.

Once they finished and I was given the keys, I entered the room to a very intense smell of bleach/chlorine! Great to know it’s been cleaned but the smell was overwhelming! The living area as you enter with the couch and television was very dark and the walls were marked. The furniture was in a beaten up condition.

The main bedroom was in good condition with a comfortable bed, but again, with very little natural light. When I filled up the bath with water, a large amount of debris came out of the jacuzzi nozzles - what seemed to look like twigs! It obviously hadn’t had a thorough clean in a while.

There is a tiny little courtyard at the front, which is fenced off from the car parking area, but again, sitting there means you have to hear all the cars come and go and their associated fumes.

Although I had little time for breakfast, it was served fresh and hot, on demand, in a communal area, with shared tables.

Overall, having paid over $600 for this room, it has been an absolute disappointment and would never return. Most properties in Napa have a 2 or 3 night minimum stay requirement so I had very few options for a one night stay. They certainly take advantage of that!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
laydeedoll64, General Manager at Cabernet House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the management, staff and the housekeeping team to insure that these issues will be corrected. Your review will be put into action as we work to learn and improve! Should you find yourself back in the area, we would love the opportunity to share a better experience.

Thanks,

Dolly

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We loved it! It has a vintage vibe with the architecture and the staff was super cool. We had free wine tasting and all we need with a toddler.
I definitely recommend this place!
Its close to Napa downtown and the breakfast was delicious!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family