“Legit Italian Deli...”

Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot, and I love a good deli sandwich on a sourdough roll, however, it’s getting harder and harder these days to find legit Italian delis, they’re getting fewer and fewer between.

This is the best deli in Napa, at least that I have found, a perfect spot to grab an excellent sandwich for the road. They have indoor seating as well.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

They make excellent sandwiches and are a great source for cold cuts. Most of the salads are premade, but bring your patience with you if you plan on showing up at lunch-time. They have a few tables inside and a few outside but this is truly a take-out deli. Excellent frittatas and sandwiches. Get there by 11:30 or after1:30, otherwise long waits

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Genova is our go-to deli. Besides wonderful Italian meats and cheese, breads, frozen ravioli and meat sauce. The kids love the frozen lasagna. I can't make it better for the price.
If you go around noon be prepared for a wait, long lines for sandwiches that are terrific.
If you're heading out for wine tasting or a picnic, stop here first.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We went to my sister's for a family dinner. She decided to make things easy and got lasagna from Genova. I don't eat meat so I had the cheese one and it was very tasty. The pasta, sauce and cheese were delicious. There was also a meat lasagna which I'm told was also good. My daughter's friend from Italy was with us and I asked her how American lasagna compares with Italian? She said Italians don't use ricotta in lasagna, they use bechamel sauce, and they use less mozzarella than we do. But she liked it, she went back for seconds.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

If you need a taste of Italy go to Genova Deli. Be prepared to wait and spend a little extra on a sandwich. It is iconic to Napa Valley. Located in a shopping center always a local favorite.