All reviews oxbow market great location front desk nice path ox bow market walking path downtown napa nice hotel outdoor seating good size lobby area stayed for one night rooms are clean happy hour lovely room room service mini bar
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This was a very nice hotel, nice seating area in the rear overlooking the Napa river, walking distance to town, The rooms were nice and the bar and restaurant area was very nice, contemporary decor thru out the lobby area.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank jlhmdh
Christine M, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

jlhmdh,

I'm thrilled that you had such a lovely stay, thank you so much for the kind words. We can't wait to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Great location and the rooms look good. We had an amazing view from the room. Location is about the only reason this place gets more than one star. They charge you for the use of everything, including shampoo and body wash, the bed is uncomfortable for any position thats not laying on your back, the pillows are terrible quality. All together probably had the worst sleep of my life. While their location is great, how much they charge for it is so not worth what you get. Genuinely regret staying at this place...

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Getlin U
Christine M, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Getlin U,

Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your experience, I am so sorry that you found the bed uncomfortable. I will have my team take a look at the mattress and box springs from your room, we usually hear great things about how comfortable our beds are, I am terribly sorry you did not have that experience. If there was any confusion about the bath amenities we provide, I apologize for that, we offer shampoo, condition, body wash and face soap complimentary in all our rooms. There is only a cost if you choose to take the bottle and supply home with you to enjoy. I hope you give us another opportunity for your next visit to Napa, please reach out to me directly at cmcdermott@riverterraceinn.com so that I can help see to the details of your stay. I think we can offer a comfortable place for you and I would like an opportunity to do so. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

My husband and I recently stayed here for 2 nights in January in a River View Luxury Junior Suite (total with tax $939). For some reason, it was difficult to get an accurate read on this hotel given the varying TA reviews so here are my thoughts:

1. Location- It was a 5-10 minute walk to the Oxbow Market along the paved river path and is next door to the Westin. One side of the River Terrace Inn faces a river and the other a parking lot alongside Soscol Avenue.
2. Parking- It was completely free.
3. Room- Our room was the nicest in the hotel and was lovely. It had an electric fireplace, refrigerator, very comfortable King Bed, interior sofa, balcony, large tub, separate shower.
4. Toiletries- There were regular size bottles of Citrus-Green Tea shampoo, conditioner, etc. all with a LARGE price tag on each stating $12 which seemed rather tacky.
5. Noise- We booked this room really hoping for a quiet stay but.... A) in the evening, the noise from drunk shouting guests on the outdoor restaurant patio carried down to our room and could be heard with the door shut. It was noisy for several hours for both nights but I guess this is the norm at wine country hotels. I'm just glad there was no "music" like other reviewers have noted. B) We were on the 2nd floor with a room above us. There was little to no insulation between our ceiling and the room above us so we heard our neighbors walking around, taking a shower, dropping things on the floor, etc... When they would walk around, the items in our room such as wine glasses would literally rattle, that's how little padding there was between the rooms.
6. Pool- There was no pool or hot tub.
7. Food- There was only a sit down restaurant "Alba" if you want food. No "grab and go" or morning coffee in the lobby. We did what everyone else did which was to walk down to Model Bakery for coffee in the mornings.
8. Service- The hotel seemed to be staffed with mostly young people in their late teens/early 20's, all of whom were quite nice.
9. Booking- The prices quoted by the hotel's website were lower than the rates quoted when calling the hotel directly.
10. Renovations- As far as we could tell, all the many renovations that other TA reviewers mentioned had been completed. There was a distinct "new paint smell" in certain areas of the hotel which I didn't mind.

Room tip: Ask for 3rd floor room, away from restaurant patio / outdoor bar (v. loud at night!)
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jemimagold

Jemimagold,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to tell us about your recent experience. I am so sorry to hear about the noise in your guest room, I have sent your feedback to engineering team to do some diving into how we can make the experience better. We hope you can join us in our restaurant, ALBA, for your next visit, we offer delicious breakfast and dinner bites that I am sure you will enjoy. We hope to be your hosts again soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Met a friend who was in town visiting. Check in was efficient & our room on 2nd floor was comfortable. Although there was live music in the bar, we decided to sit outside at one of their lovely fire pits where we opened a bottle of wine I brought. It was such a lovely spot that we decided not to venture out to a restaurant and instead ordered a few delicious appetizers & cocktails. Staff was very nice. Close to Oxbow Market.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank theresaw

theresaw,

I'm so happy you had a great visit and were able to enjoy our beautiful patio and fire pits. We can't wait to be your hosts again soon, thank you so much for the review.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Stayed here for the Film Festival in the past and loved the location. Came back this time for pleasure. First night was a little rocky because of a crying baby in the room next door but the management and front desk were kind enough to move rooms for us while were out wine tasting. They really went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Will definitely be back!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom S
Christine M, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Tom S,

I'm so happy to hear the team helped turn your stay around, it's never fun when your day starts off with a sleepless night, I am so sorry you experienced that. We look forward to being your home away from home again in the future.