“Disappointing”

Add it.
Dragon Valley
Ranked #222 of 317 Restaurants in Napa
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I went here when it opened under new ownership and did not think the food was not tasty or sufficient. I attributed it to "adjustment period". Therefore, I decided to try again months later and there was little improvement. The flavors and portion sizes were okay, price range a little on the high side. Moreover, the service was non- existent in a restaurant that only had five occupy tables at any given time. The restaurant's interior is updated and good lighting.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 9 April 2018

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant in Napa. I go there two or three times a week for lunch or takeout. This place recently changed hands and the quality of the food is excellent. I like all the dishes that I try. Lot's of space for large groups.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

It was a cold rainy day and I decided to go have sizzling rice soup and hot tea at a new Chinese restaurant. I was met by friendly waitress who took me to my table. The menu is reasonably extensive but not as extensive as a lot of Chinese restaurant. I found this somewhat relieving because usually the menu is a compendium of many many different recipes and it's hard to decide what to pick.

But I knew what I wanted and it was brought to the table with the wonderful Boutique of sizzling rice and in its broth. The vegetables were very fresh and still a little crisp which I found wonderful. The shrimp and the chicken were done perfectly not overcooked and certainly not undercooked.

I have you looked over the menu I know what I want to order the next time I go back and I will report on this restaurant again.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We have, in my view, limited options for Chinese meals in Napa. Dragon Valley was new to us. We thought the vegetarian mushu was excellent especially since the vegetables were very fresh and crisper than most mushu dishes. The eggplant was also very good. The servings were amble--we had leftovers the next night for dinner. Our third order was fried calmari which was pretty plain; we ordered it with the jalapeno. Requested different sauces which improved the flavor considerably--chinese mustard, potsticker sauce, and egg roll sauce. A typical Chinese waiter--we found him brusque and limited in English explanation.

Date of visit: January 2018