1,510 results
All reviews oxbow market spg platinum bank restaurant full kitchen one bedroom suite wine tasting model bakery valet staff walking distance to oxbow the wine train station beautiful hotel upgraded to a suite dining table an upgrade wine country pool and hot tub downtown area
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Beautiful place. Room, large balcony with view, amenities, room service, cleanliness, and staff were all great. The restaurant (very small) every morning at breakfast had a line. Went for winetasting one evening but I never saw the appetizers that were said to be there. Still it was very nice sitting by the fire, enjoying the wine and chatting with other guests. And best of all - dog friendly. Enjoyed our visit.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Hello WaiterReviewr123

Thank you so much for the amazing review and for sharing your experiences with all of our Trip Advisor readers. We love to hear about great guest experiences and it sounds like your family trip over the Thanksgiving holiday was a good one.

We hope you have a great start to 2016 and we’ll look forward to having you back on your next trip out west.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

I was here in Jan. for business and as a gold Starwood member was given a very small room at the extreme end of the 2nd floor. It was ok, but did not include a desk as advertised online. Instead there was a small beverage table with coffee maker and water/ice service but not desk or desk chair. I had to move things around in order to work in the room. When I called the front desk to ask about this I was told that I could work in the Business Center if I liked but that no rooms had desks, which is actually not so. A colleague also checked in and did not have any Starwood status but joined at registration and was immediately upgraded to a suite for this, which did include a desk.
This was a lovely gesture for him, but I stay at Starwood properties frequently, and given that the hotel was sparsely occupied due to the time of year, it would have been nice to receive the same treatment.
The room was very average and clean, but hot water in the shower was an issue throughout the entire stay. Lukewarm was the only temperature available both morning and night....perhaps since the room was at the extreme end of the hotel.
The public areas are lovely and both the casual restaurant and room service served very good food. The staff was always nice and helpful.
I have given this hotel only three stars because my experience was only average, not above average, which could have been remedied by a more thoughtful room assignment given my business needs and the low occupancy rate at the time.
I will be returning to Napa from time to time for business, and will probably try another property next time.
This hotel is more focused on the travelers who come for the wine and ambience of Napa. The hotel also mentions complimentary parking, however it is included in a $20 daily resort fee which affords use of their outdoor pool. Silly at this time of year as it was cold and raining the entire time I was there.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Oionryder,

Thank you so much for the review and for sharing such detailed feedback with all of our Trip Advisor readers. That being said I would like to apologize for the room issues you encountered during your visit. The lack of a good work space on a business trip would be very frustrating and I’m sorry for any miscommunication you received from our team.

I have reviewed all for our rooms and I can ensure you that we unfortunately don’t have any rooms with a physical desk. We do have many room options with a dining table that can be used as a desk but nothing that has an actual desk. This by no means is a reason that any guest should receive less than adequate service, especially on of our elite level Gold members.

I would also like to thank you for your comments on the public spaces. This is a great benefit to the property and something I really enjoy about the setup of the hotel.

Once again our sincerest apologies. I understand this stay wasn’t to the level that it should have been but we look forward to another opportunity on your next visit to Napa.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

We were disappointed that when we checked-in we were not told that the lobby and bar areas were closed off to hotel guests for a New Year's Eve Party they were throwing and charging $80 per person. The party was more like a club scene and not appropriate for our family with minor children. We were forced to celebrate the new year in our room alone with no food or drinks. Very disappointed. They also charged us a $20 amenity fee which we were clearly not allowed to use. We pay for a hotel stay which includes amenities which also includes the Lobby fireplace, sitting area, and bar area. Not given any alternatives or concessions.

Room tip: Go to the Oxbow Market across the way for lunch or dinner, great atmosphere and food choices.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Hello Gary A,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing a little bit of feedback with all of our Trip Advisor readers but more than anything I would like to apologize for the lack of options for the New Year’s holiday.

I will follow up with the team to make sure that next year we have a list of more family friendly options and I next year we should be able to avoid your situation from repeating for any future guests.

We appreciate hearing the feedback and thank you so much for taking the time to share.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I have traveled for work and pleasure for the last 15 years and have spent 2000+ nights in hotels. This hotel is a short walk to downtown Napa and right at the start of the Silverado trail. It is an attractive property with great rooms and outdoor space.

Dog friendly boarding on dog mandatory as every old lady seemed to have a one or two in tow. I'm not a fan of sleeping in a room used as someone else's dog kennel but I just put it out of mind.

We had two rooms here. One a one-bedroom suite and another normal room. Both came with efficiency kitchens including sink, mini-fridge, plate, silverware, etc... What a great extra for a hotel room!

The front desk folks were polite but the service seemed confused. Both coming and going they weren't able to coordinate our bags to/from our room. They simply didn't do it on multiple calls. Not busy, not even slightly busy. Both times I had to go down and get the cart from out front on my own which I wouldn't had minded at all if I didn't wait 30 minutes waiting for the service first. If these folks had their act together I would have rated it 5 stars.

Anyhow, good hotel. You'll enjoy your stay but don't expect much from the front desk/bell hops.

Room tip: Avoid rooms with a courtyard view. They are next to another hotel's parking lot which can be noisy.
Date of stay: December 2015

Hello TripTaker447,

Thank you for taking the time provide us and all of our Trip Advisor readers a little bit about your recent stay with us. It’s great to hear all the positive aspects of your visit but I would also like thank you for sharing the parts that didn’t go as anticipated. It can be tough to hear but your feedback will ensure that we correct any existing issues and make sure your experience is not repeated for any future guests.

We are of the mindset that mistakes are chance to learn and I will be addressing your concerns about the service with our front office team over the next few weeks.

Thank you again for sharing and we’ll look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

We've been to Napa Valley 14 times and have stayed in quite a few different hotels. We chose this one because we needed 4 rooms, and I used points for 2 of the rooms (which was wonderful). We've stayed in Westin hotels all over the world, and this was one of the most disappointing - felt more like an ok Sheraton. Service was ok - nothing to really complain about, but not great. Our rooms were also just ok - they just didn't have the great Westin feel to them. The property is in a pretty good location and does look nice. We did change rooms because our first room did not have A/C, and it was 85 outside (and more than 85 in the room). The process took about an hour, but it did finally happen once we found a manager. Our other 3 rooms were fine.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Hello SherriLR,

Thank you taking the time to share a little bit about your experience with all of our Trip Advisor readers but more than anything I would like to apologize for the general dissatisfaction that you experienced during your visit. We are of the mindset that it’s the details that will differentiate a great stay from an OK one and it’s clear we missed a few of those details.

I understand that I can’t give you back this most recent experience but I feel that with some of the upgrades to our rooms that have taken place since your stay in September any future visits will be much more in line with your expectations.

We hope to see you back again soon and that you’re having a great start to 2016.