“Incredible cave and wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jarvis Estate

and up
Private Napa Valley Customized Wine Tour
Ranked #11 of 186 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Jarvis Estate is a family owned winery dedicated to crafting a limited quantity of preeminent wines from our sustainably farmed, estate vineyards in the rugged hillside, four miles east of downtown Napa Valley. The Jarvis Estate winemaking facility is entirely contained within 45,000 square feet of cave tunneled into the scenic Vaca Mountains,and is not only a visual masterpiece, but a technical masterpiece as well. Wines are produced only from estate grown grapes and are cave-aged to perfection prior to release. Varietals include: Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot, Tempranillo and a two proprietary Bordeaux blends.
California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Incredible cave and wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is an amazing place. It is expensive, but the cave is quite impressive and the wine is wonderful!

Visited August 2011

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Obnoxious staff - good thing Napa has a ton of other options”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

We had booked a tour of the cellar based on a review in Food and Wine magazine, planning for the end of the day. My husband pulled a muscle in his back during the day and was in agony. I called to cancel the tour and the guy I spoke to was snotty and rude. Apparently they really need the business. My wine guy at home recommended this place as well so I'll make sure to let him know I don't appreciate the bad referral.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank MDG02186
Hollywood, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Just the tour alone will knock your socks off...and the wines are superb...although a bit out of my price range

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Andre4710
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Such a cool place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Alex was our tour guide - great personality and you can tell he loves what he does (really - who wouldn't?!). The winery is a sight to see - all carved into the mountain, it feels like your stepping back in time. And the wine is very tasty - I am normally not a Merlot fan but LOVED it - and the Tempranillo was not included in the tasting but Alex retrieved a bottle from the back to share. Still savoring my purchases!

Visited August 2011
Vancouver
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“My Favourite Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I visited a range of wineries (Opus One, Silver Oak, Cakebread etc) but found Jarvis to be the best. Unlike other winery tours, this wasn't boring at all. Our tour leader was animated, funny, witty but most importantly, didn't make us stand around barrels for 1.5 hours. Instead, we walked around the cave in which the winery was built (very cool) but spent a good potion of the tour sitting around a communal table eating cheese and sipping incredible wines. It was the perfect balance between informative and relaxing, the latter of which was lacking in many of the other tours I went on. I definitely recommend this to wine connosseurs and casual enthusiasts alike!

Visited April 2011