“Great tasting ribs”

Calhoun's Texas BBQ
Ranked #3 of 215 Restaurants in Murrieta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Ordered baby back ribs a la carte and they were fabulous! BBQ sauce was smoky and sweet and ribs were tender and cut. New fave takeout place.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Calhoun's is a family run, hole in the wall, provider of yummy BBQ goodness. We ordered 8 lbs of meat for a family gathering. To save time we stopped in a few days before the event to pre-order and get details about when to pick it up, how to pay etc. Their food is slow cooked and so is their service, but I don't mind waiting. The Family is very friendly and unassuming. Once we got home I couldn't wait to dig in. My favorite was the brisket which was tender and delicious and kept me coming back. Their sauce marries nicely with the meat. I recently had Phil's at Petco, and Mike's in Escondido which are both pretty good, but I prefer Calhoun's any day. Lucille's has a bigger variety of options, but their flavor doesn't come close to Calhoun's. It's nice to have great flavor so close to home!

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Great spot! Great service! Great food! I will for sure come back again soon! The pulled pork is really good. And the brownie is to die for.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We have found the BBQ to always be amazing. To walk in this place and feel the family atmosphere with great southern BBQ is a great welcome to Murrieta.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Every time we go to Calhoun's We are warmly greeted with smiles and conversation. It's a family run restaurant and they are a lovely family at that. I always get the the brisket sandwich with fries. Brisket is always tender and juicy. My daughter gets the chicken sandwich and brownie. Chicken is NEVER dry. Oh and Let me tell you, I've never been a fan of sweet potato pie, but theirs is to die for. I love it, and you better get there close to time of them opening because they sell out QUICK! If you are looking for a real home cooked style BBQ lunch/dinner, you HAVE to go to Calhoun's!