“Great Fast Food”

In-N-Out Burger
Ranked #22 of 360 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I love the simple menu! The cheese burger and fries were hot and good. Beats McD's burgers/fries!!!! So glad I waited in the long line to order!

Reviewed 25 September 2016

This was my first time to an "In N Out Burger". People said you just have to try it. I went in and ordered the normal cheeseburger, fries and a drink. I guess I was expecting something some wonderful that it just fell short of my expectations. The burgers are small, more topping than meat. The fries are cut and cooked right there but they didn't have much flavor.The food was fresh and hot, but certainly not the best burger ever.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

I have heard about this place but I have never seen one. I think it was on TV and the upshot of the piece was that this was a family owned chain which put quality before profits. They were plenty profitable but would not expand just for the sake of expanding. I found one by accident and had to try it. Great decision.

You walk into the restaurant from a side door and you see the counter and the menu above. This place serves mainly burgers, fries and drinks but with a difference. They are making the food right in front of you. Tomatoes and onions get sliced, patties squished and fries sliced from raw potatoes.

The guy who deep fries the potatoes steps aside, occasionally, to go to the slicer which is a very large press into which he places a raw pealed potato and then with his hands lowers a lever and presto, the raw fries fall out the bottom into a bowl. From there they are rinsed and into the hot oil.

The burgers are served in a plastic basket with a huge portion of fries. The burger is double wrapped, the inner wrap is made of some non-absorbent wax like paper so it holds the grease and juices inside. These sandwiches are delicious enough to rehabilitate a vegetarian. And the price was great.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

This tends to be our regular Sunday lunch spot, because - well we like it. In-n-Out is the only fast food place we actually seek out.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

While still a fast burger place, it's a special one. It's got a very short menu, but with lots of secret additions only locals know about. You might want to find out about them before visiting ;)