All reviews state park bird sanctuary hotel restaurant great happy hour heat wave sea birds nice fireplace close to town stayed nights great view gas fireplace ocean view morro rock mini fridge second floor beautiful room short drive
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for its close proximity to where my dad was getting married. The rooms were nice and clean, the only downfall being the weird subtle ramp into the bathroom. Other than that, it worked just fine. The price, in my opinion, is steep for what it is, but the location is really what was important.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Elizabeth,

It is great to hear that you had a nice stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our historic Inn! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I just got here and I'm in tears. The carpet is stained and the room smells like cat urine. I can hear every step and voice within a mile radius. There is no refrigerator, which means the stuff I brought might as well be thrown away. I do NOT want to be here for another four nights and hope I can cancel without much trouble if I am lucky enough to find a room in the area that doesn't smell and sound like a zoo. Also, I can't even open the bathroom door more than a couple feet without the door hitting the toilet. That's how tiny it is. Luckily the sink is inside the actual room (??) otherwise I'm not sure what would happen.

I'm not even going to bother bringing this to anyone's attention at the front desk after reading the reviews.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cali_mom_916
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Cali_mom_916,

Thank you for posting your review. Please know that we do care about you and your comfort. If you are still in house, please come to guest reception and ask for Gian or Charlie to assist.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We reserved and PAID FOR our room at this place TWO MONTHS in advance. When we arrived, we were told that Expedia had overbooked them and they had no room for us (clearly a lie), that they had tried to call us but couldn't get an answer, and had sent a text message to us (another lie--i pulled my phone out and showed them no missed calls and no text messages!). It may be a nice property, but if you can't trust the people who run it, it is a very poor choice. I think (and told them so) that they had a last-minute chance to book a tour bus full of people, and just dumped us out of our prepaid room. Nice people, huh? I'm giving them a one-star ratings because I can't figure out a way to give them straight ZEROS! You have been warned--proceed at your own risk.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John U

Dear John U,

I am very sorry to hear about our overbooking, and not being able to serve you. I can only imagine how you felt when you arrived to find that we had moved you to another property. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience and would like to opportunity to make it up to you.

Please contact me directly to discuss. 805-772-5651

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Historic IMB is located in Morro Bay state park,next to a bird sanctuary, across the street from a golf course, and ocean-front on the bay with fantastic views of Morro rock. So was a very quiet and scenic location. The hotel grounds were spacious and nicely landscaped. However, when Historic is used to describe something, you should realize it means old. Our room had a small balcony that overlooked the pool area, was well-used, but had clean bed linens, towels and a very quiet-running mini fridge. Room WiFi & TV reception were both good. The bathroom was also 'historically' small in the sink, stool and shower departments, showing wear & tear from years of use, but the water was hot with good pressure.

IMB's indoor lounge and outside patio/dining areas all had scenic ocean views of Morro Rock. We watched numerous comorants, herons and a flock of white pelicans all fishing for their dinner. Our bar waitress was friendly and accommodating, gave us a sample taste of some draught beers. Happy Hour was from 2 - 6, $2 off wine, beer or cocktails with half-price appetizers. The wine selection was decent.  We ate dinner in IMB's 60 State Park restaurant; excellent service and food. I ordered the Pasta of the Day,  perfectly prepared fettuccine alfredo with wild shrimp, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank OTR_Again_IM
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear OTR_Again_IM,,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us at the historic Inn at Morro Bay! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Rooms were good, clean and comfortable but perhaps a little small.Outstanding views from the bar and restaurant.Happy hour in the bar had excellent cocktails and nibbles and were great value. Would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Quentinmat,

So nice to read about your great stay with us! Always feels good to know we are making our guests happy. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!