All reviews one night friendly manager room was clean nice view stay there again small fridge main street coffee maker road trip shops and restaurants sea lions muffins motel embarcadero rock bay office
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I made a reservation for 10/20-10/21 on line. I thought the rate was high, but this rate was better than other properties in Morro Bay for that weekend; however, when we checked in (our room was not ready), the manager refused to accept my AAA card, even though the website and the big sign in front of the property says "Show Your Card". He said that if I had called him directly, he would have offer the AAA discount. Would have been nice to see that on the website. As it was, paid $399 for an OK room-it was clean, good towels, but housekeeping did not service our room, so trash not emptied and fresh towels not provided. (Beds not made, but that was per our request.) No view from Room 17. Were not informed that breakfast was provided, and did not see where they had room to do that, anyway. TV picture dark and muddy, and no apparent way to adjust it with the remote provided. Dark, under-lit room. No sheers on the window, so pitch dark or open to view of all who pass by, and nothing in between. All in all-an OK room at a jacked-up rate. Would not book again.

Room Tip: Choose a different property.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stayed here from 10-18 to 10-20-2017 and I was in room 21 that is very small and the bathroom has a little window that anyone walking by could see in. The coffee maker was a joke it is small and can do just one little paper cup at a time. The motel has no breakfast offered you have to go out. The rooms do have a small fridge and microwave.
The motel is close to everything you can walk or drive to harbor shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Do not get room 21 it is small and has a window in the bath room that anyone could see in.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as an overnight stop on our way north. We paid $115usd for simple accommodation as that's all we needed. The bed was a little springy but firm and I had a restful night sleep. Decor was dated but clean. Room furnishings included desk, 2 armchairs, small fridge, hair dryer, microwave and coffee maker. It also had a shower over the bath. Our welcome at reception was friendly and helpful. This is just a simple budget hotel and we thought it was great value for money. It is a great location. It was a bit stuffy when we got in but was quickly cooled down with open door and windows for a few minutes. Other travelers staying there were couples, small groups and other families which was a nice mix. We would recommend it for the budget conscious.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The location was great and had a nice view of Morro Rock. The room(#1) was pleasantly decorated in sea tones. The bedroom floor was laminate which seems more hygienic than carpet, and the bathroom floor was tiled. But basically you go to a motel to get a good night's sleep. The bed was terrible. It was very hard and caved in. It really needed replacing. For $165.00 a night you'd think they could do better. The fan in the bathrooms was very noisy. What they call a continental breakfast was coffee, OJ, and muffins cut into quarters. And yes, there were mosquitos.

Room Tip: Room #1 had a view of Morro Rock. I believe the upstairs rooms might have had a bay view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Room 2, king size bed it didn't matter which way you slept in this bed, you always rolled to the middle of the bed. So my husband and I felt like we were sleeping in a taco shell. And I woke up with mosquito bites all over my legs. We have stayed in Room 1 which also had a king size bed and did not have these problems. Maybe it was the heat wave, no air conditioner but it was just terrible, miserable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple