All reviews waffles morro rock peanut butter apple cider outdoor patio third floor continental breakfast covered parking hard boiled eggs great view bit dated comfortable room two blocks shops and restaurants a great stay fresh fruit water pressure
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We got the warmest reception when entering the lobby to check in. Jessica was the best! She had arranged for a bottle of sparkling cider was in our room for us. What a nice treat! We loved the security and safety of the hotel. Thank you, to all that made it a wonderful stay.

Stayed: November 2017
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Our staff couldn't be happier knowing of your enjoyable stay with us. It would be our pleasure to once again provide you with another superior guest experience.
Happy travels,

Reviewed 9 November 2017

La Serena is small, quaint, modern and perfectly appointed! The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! Loved it! Can't wait to go back! Within walking distance to the Embarcadero and downtown restaurants as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet & have really nice view if Morro Rock & the bay.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lavogior
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you so much for the "awesome" review. We'll be here for you on your next visit to our beautiful area. Call us direct for the best rate and exact room type. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

This is a lovely small hotel.
Front Desk staff were great. Quick check in and awesome recommendations for dinner.
We stayed on the second floor, very quiet. Rooms are spacious and updated. Good beds also.
Make sure you go to the room top patio to watch the sunset over the ocean. Great place to relax and enjoy a beverage.
Breakfast is included. Coffee and cookies are available in the lobby in the evening.
It is only a short walk to the waterfront with many shops and restaurants to choose from.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are very quiet for sleeping
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo P
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Our staff thanks you for the lovely review. You've said it all for us! It would be our pleasure to once again provide you with another memorable stay. Call us direct for the best rate and exact room type.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

La Sirena is my go-to place in Morro Bay. I have stayed at a number of hotels in town, but none of them beat La Sirena for comfort, cleanliness, or all-around service. There are simply no luxurious properties in Morro Bay and understandably, because of the area’s attraction, prices for the middling to pretty-good ones are relatively high. La Sirena’s prices are neither exorbitant or bargain-basement, but for value received are entirely acceptable.
The location and setting are perfect. Walking distance to the Embarcadero and convenient to any of the shops you might want to visit.
As to the rooms themselves, I’ve found them to be comfortably large, always immaculately clean, and well maintained. The beds I’ve experienced are more than comfortable and amenities in the room adequate for the purpose. Breakfast is basic; nothing to wow you, but certainly adequate to start the day. All in all, La Sirena has it together. My experience has shown that there are other options that are either smaller, less comfortable, more inconvenient, or grossly overpriced. La Sirena gets my vote.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elbarbado
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Our staff thanks you for the awesome review. You've said it all for us! It would be our pleasure to once again provide you with another wonderful stay the next time you visit Morro Bay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I cant say enough of how great our stay was here. My Mother, myself and my Aunt decided to do an overnight coast trip at the last minute. I called a few places, wasn't overly impressed with pricing, then I found La Serena!
Great price, great location... hmm... could this really be? Got there on Saturday at three to check in, the staff was all super friendly, the lobby was clean and refreshing... their had been something happen and they were running a little late getting rooms cleaned, I thought " oohhh no, here we go." Well, I'm happy to tell you that I was wrong, that wasn't the case... sometimes life just happens and this was one of those times. We were in our room by four, everyone was so apologetic and I'm telling you, for the cleanliness of the room, the space of the room, the comfort of the beds, the amazing staff, the convenience of location.. it was all so worth a little hiccup in checking in. We even booked our next months trip to stay there before we checked out the next morning. After this experience, La Serena will ALWAYS be my first go to place to stay when I come to the coast. My aunt needed a fan.. within seconds after calling and requesting one from the front desk, they were at our door. The rooms had great linens and enough towels! ( that's the first for any place I've stayed, and I've done my share of traveling! ) So if your room shopping... look no further, book it, you wont be sorry. Met some great regulars in the lobby and they too gave this place a thumbs up! Enjoy your stay... OOh Yes... and It was QUIET!!!! So a total win all the way around!

Room Tip: Youre not going to be sorry in any of them. And they are pet friendly for those of you who travel with fur babies.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TraumagirlDee
mamamorro, G.M. Assistant at La Serena Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for the lovely review. We couldn't be happier knowing of your enjoyable time with us. We certainly look forward to seeing you again next month!
Happy travels,