“Awesome Vegan Menu and Great Service”
Review of Shine Cafe

Shine Cafe
Ranked #3 of 8 Dessert in Morro Bay
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Found this a couple of blocks off up from the beach. What a great lunch! I had the "Rueben" sandwich and our frineds had salads and other vegan dishes. Get there early (11:00 am) for lunch as it gets packed by noon. Outdoor seating is available. Even when they got busy, the servers were courteous and service was very timely. Too many fine dishes to mention and a lot of great smoothies and juices. Will be back!!!

There are newer reviews for Shine Cafe

Reviewed 24 May 2017

It's not always easy being a vegetarian. There are rarely places that cater to one's needs. But, I chanced upon the Shine Cafe, and it will be an anchor do me in my future trips to Morrow Bay. Everyone was extremely helpful, and the bowl of soup I got was truly delicious. I saw many things that interested me on other folks plates. I am looking forward to my next meal there

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

What a delight to find a vegan restaurant in Morro Bay. They close at 5:00, so get there for lunch or a very early dinner. A little hard to find, but right next to a health food store. You walk to the back and order at the counter. I had the tempeh Reuben and my husband had a veggie sandwich. Both came with a salad and were delicious. The staff was delightful and very friendly. Seating indoors or on the sidewalk. Very reasonable prices. We'll be back!

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I have to start by saying I'm not a vegan, but with food this good the Shine Cafe has invalidated a few of my misconceptions about eating off a vegan menu. Located on Morro Bay Blvd in the picturesque town of Morro Bay, this small gem is what most would categorize as a 'hole in the wall', albeit a very popular one, packed with locals.

Our food was excellent! It tasted great and was also healthy (it was not a place where you say 'mmm this tastes healthy' - code for it tasted like mowed lawn). This food was tasty and hearty. For example my wife had the Black Bean Taco - a bean and brown rice taco made with an incredible sprout tortilla. It was laid at the bottom of a salad of spring mix, veggies and sesame seeds. Portions were large and environment unique. The staff was friendly, welcoming and each knew the menu and the ingredients.

They also offered a large selection of smoothies and 'Free Trade Certified' crafted root beers and soda.

Most tourist town restaurants 'live and die' by travel reviews on sites like TripAdvisor, but my guess is the Shine Cafe pays little if any attention to these sites. Instead focusing on the feedback from locals to ensure menus items are fresh, tasty, and each unique. My daughter is a regular, but we will be back on our visit to the area.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Wow....a little hole in the wall and great Vegan food. Friendly staff and quick service. Hubby had black bean Taco and I had Tempeh Tacos! Fresh and delicious. It was so cool to be able to order anything off the menu! Great selection of drinks. Fresh smoothie bar looked delicious!