All reviews fire pit breakfast delivered hardwood floors abalone living room morro rock each morning cute place king suite road trip comfortable bed free breakfast few blocks ceiling fan hearst castle a great place to stay within easy walking distance
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Units with a beach feel and friendly staff made this a lovely stay. The room was big enough and the bathroom extra large. I expect this was a wheelchair friendly room and would have suited someone that required easy access. A hot breakfast was delivered to the room for a cosy breakfast in bed. Location was excellent being only a couple of minutes walk to Morro Bay and its multitude of restaurants and shops. We enjoyed our experience here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We had an enjoyable two nights' stay here over the weekend.

The inn, like most in Morro Bay- harken back to an earlier time, some for the better, many for the worse. The rooms at Beach Bungalow have been renovated nicely and our Abalone Suite had a sofa bed, kitchenette and super-comfortable king size bed. The suite was appointed nicely, with decent linens and a bathrobe. Free Wi-fi.

The breakfast is made fresh and brought to your room at a time that you specify (order is placed the night before). It was a highlight of our stay; our choices during our stay included a sweet crepe with fruit and cream, a toasted bagel sandwich with salmon, and a spinach omelet, drinks include cappuccino, orange juice). Infinitely more delicious than the other comparable hotel choices in Morro Bay which only offer the standard continental breakfast.

Though the location is not on the waterfront, it is less than 5 minutes walk to the shops along with waterfront.

Staff is super friendly and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Abalone Suite (king bed, pull out sofabed, kitchenette) was in the corner of the hotel and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer3550
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Mom and I went on a road trip for her birthday and decided to stop in this small quaint town after visiting The Hearst Castle. The town is so beautiful that we will definitely be back for a visit when we have more time there. As for the Beach Bungalow, it was exactly as it says on the site. A very quaint little inn that was in walking distance from the shore. A fireplace in the room made it so cozy and warm which was perfect since it was cold and rainy outside. The room had everything you can think of, obviously owned by a woman, it had things no other hotel I've ever been in has thought of such as a washcloth used for removing your make-up, it was black, the room had a robe, a blow dryer in its own bag, a light over each side of the bed for you to read and a few other things. They served us breakfast to our room in the morning which was delicious. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing that was not so good was our door didn't open so easy for the key card. I had a lot of trouble with it. Also no rooms have 2 beds, great for couples but if someone wants to stay here with their mother or a friend we have to share a bed. All in all this is a great place to stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Anna P, Front Office Manager at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for the glowing review, Jennifer T. We try to take care of any eventualities possible, but we will definitely have to look into your lock situation :\ Keep in mind for next time, we may have been sold out of them on the night you were here, but we actually do have a few rooms with more than one bed. Even suites with 2 bedrooms! Call us direct next time and we will make sure to give you a room with more space.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Highly recommend this hotel! Would definitely stay there again.
Positives:
- Nice rooms (we had a suite), updated bathroom, loved the fireplace, nice crib for our toddler was provided. Everything was clean and well kept.
- Location- walking distance from harbor and restaurants
- The unexpectedly wonderful breakfast! It was brought to our suite, before the requested time, and everything was amazing (we had the Bircher Muesli and Veggie Omelette). I cannot rave enough about how yummy the food was! I wish every hotel had breakfast like this!

The only negative:
The office/ front desk is not staffed after 5 pm. Not a problem in itself but we didn't know that, so my husband got a little anxious when he couldn't get anyone on the phone. Everything worked out, our room key was taped to the door of the office but if that had been clearly communicated to us at the time we booked it could have saved some stress.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review, 453KandF. While we don't have facilities to staff the office 24 hours, we try to make it easy for later arrivals to check themselves in!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t be more disappointed!! I reserved a room through the Hotel Tonight App. The App indicated that the hotel was dog friendly (as we have a small 19 lb dog). I showed up at the office to check in around 9 pm, found no one there and was instructed to use the phone to check in. We’re standing there, it’s freezing, and I finally reach the proprietor. She informed me that, “Oh, virtually all of the rooms are dog friendly but the one that we’re going to give you is not. Why don’t you call Hotel Tonight and get reimbursed.” “I’ll do the same”, she says. I called Hotel Tonight from the car and again it’s absolutely freezing and late. I’ve got a very tired and cranky child in the car. For 30 minutes I try to get the charge reimbursed on my credit card by some service rep in India. He continues to try to reach the proprietors at this hotel to confirm my story. Finally at 10 pm I told him I’ve got to find another hotel so my kid can get to sleep and I end the call. Two weeks later I checked my credit card and the charge is still on my credit card for over $220! What a waste of time!! This owner is either dishonest or lazy or both. What an inconvenience. Avoid this place like the proverbial plague!

Stayed: February 2018
5  Thank FamilyOuting
Anna P, Owner at Beach Bungalow Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Since you did not stay with us, FamilyOuting, and your review was baseless slander, I could have it removed. However, I have chosen to let it remain as a primer for the few people following at home who might happen to be completely unaware.

Things you should know:

When you book a prepaid reservation through a third party, the third party is often the one who charges your credit credit card. If you check your account, you should have a charge indicating HotelTonight, not us. We cannot credit a charge someone else makes. Why this isn't obvious, I don't know. But I have now told you that twice.

As soon as HT called us that night, I authorized the refund immediately.

When a card is refunded, it can take up to 3 weeks to appear on your statement. General heads up: Discover card is usually known to be the slowest at this. I don't know what you used, because, again (3X now...), I didn't ever see it.

If you bring a pet anywhere, ever, you need to know that it's okay to bring it.

I would never just show up at your place with a dog. Some people are very allergic; some people have been scarred as children and are deathly afraid.

Even if the pet is allowed in a public or private place, some areas will always be off-limits. Some places are just not suited to a pet's needs.

Our pet policies are listing on our website. Even though you booked through a third party website, our policies on our page/listing there are very clear there as well. You must call ahead and make sure our human hotel has accommodations for an animal that night.

We take pains to make sure that in order to book a room, you have to have seen the policies.

THEN, after you book, your confirmation AGAIN lets you know our hours and pet policies and how to get in touch with us in the night.

In fact, it implores you to do Just One Thing: if you are arriving after 6PM, please call in advance.

As for the child? My only concern for your child is as a human being, concerned that someone as ignorant, entitled (not to mention lazy and dishonest...) as you is out there raising one.