“late night”

Applebee's
Ranked #27 of 252 Restaurants in Moreno Valley
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 February 2018

average like most applebee's. We stopped in late at night and ordered appetizers and soup. The food was OK as was the service it could have been cleaner as the menu's were dirty along with the floors. Don't think we will be going back

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Following my Dad's memorial service at the nearby Riverside National Cemetery, a group of about 20 of us elected to meet here. Arriving at about 3pm, we were seated promptly. We had 2 wonderful servers who had no problem with there being multiple checks. I may be an old dude, but I have yet to succumb to dinner in the middle of the afternoon, so my wife & I simple had a couple of appetizers. My boneless buffalo wings (hot) were excellent. The spinach & artichoke dip must have been also. My wife, whose meals I always finish, ate it so fast I never got to try it! The rest of the group ordered a great variety of items. No one expressed concerns about anything, only compliments.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Applebee's has a great selections for good pricess. You can either select 2 classic items, or 2 signature items, or one of each for various prices starting at $6.99. Our server, Dom, did a great job at serving. He was attentive to detail. Also, the restroom was clean. If you like Applebee's and happen to be in the area, then this restaurant is worth checking out. The Chicken Tortilla soup and the Tomato Basil Soup is very delicious! The portions are just right! Special tips: If you do not want cold water, then you can ask for hot water (free) with a slice of lemon if you like. When asking for water, most places usually put ice into it. If you do not want ice, then you need to tell your serve that you do not want ice. In addition, Applebee's automatically puts straws into the cold beverages. If you do not want a straw, then please tell the server beforehand.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We love the Appetizers .. The people here are very courteous and friendly… Service is done well… And they're always willing to get you what you need at any time… Stakes are good… But again we love the appetizers… Especially when we're there for football.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

My last review of this establishment was not so good, this was mores due in part to the hostess; well it's been a while since my last dining experience at this Applebee's, and well you know that feeling you get when you doubt yourself and your gut feeling when you say "never again" to yourself and then even though you know you shouldn't you do it anyway; well that is what I did. I knew I had a horrible experience last time, but I figured hey its been a while; take a chance. I won't be making that mistake again.

This was a Sunday afternoon, three-isa. I place my name on the list with the hostess for three guests. Several people start coming in afterwards and theres standing room only; so we are watching the people and talking in the little holding area and it seems to be going fairly quickly; I think to myself this isn't so bad; well here is where it takes a turn for the worst.

After five groups that arrived after me were seated, as now we've been waiting for an hour at this point, I decided to go to the podium and ask if there was a problem and if they were only seating larger groups because everyone who arrived after me has been seated and I am still waiting. She tells me, oh we called your name and didn't get a response. I inquired when did you call my name, I've been sitting there the whole time right in front of you. She then tells me they called my name at the bar area. Again I told her, no she didn't I told her in detail how many parties were taken ahead of us, what they were wearing, which greeter took them, how many were in their parties, when they were called even as so much to walk out to the front of the restaurant to call them at no time did they call our group. She then scrambles to find a seat. Do you think there was an apology? That's right of course there wasn't

We finally get seated, and our server was pleasant. We get our drinks ordered and an appetizer; we get the sampler. If the sampler was an indication of things to come, we were going down hill fast. The sampler comes and well it wasn't even hot. The mozzarella sticks cheese wasn't even melted on the inside, the boneless chicken wings were cold and not hot, the chips that came to the table were not crispy and seemed stale, the celery was good.

When the main dishes came, the burger was ordered with no onions and cheddar cheese, when it arrived to the table it had onions and american cheese. At this point I was so disgusted and didn't even want the burger. The server while very pleasant was clueless with her comment of "oh they put the onions on, but you can just pull them off" I wouldn't have to pull them off if they never were put on in the first place, once on especially cooking, the flavor of the onion is on everything else so its a little more than removing them. This is one of the reasons why you use different knives when cutting onions, etc.; I digress.

She brings a manager over and he insists on trying to get something else; I told him no thank you. He removes the burger from my bill; but at no time addresses the other issues at hand. While I was not looking for a free meal, I was looking for an acknowledgment that there was a process breakdown, that he would at minimum look into it but no there was nothing. It was sorry you didn't like your burger. I then overhear him telling the server that they don't have Cheddar Cheese Burgers; I didn't order a Cheddar Cheese Burger; I asked for Cheddar Cheese to be added to my burger. And considering that there are menu items that list "Cheddar Cheese" I don't understand that if I am being charged for cheese why the cheese of choice can't be placed on the burger when both are available.

Some may not be able to see or taste the difference, but I can.