“Great sushi”

Sushi Planet
Ranked #26 of 97 Restaurants in Moorpark
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Although we have may sushi places in our town, we often choose Sushi Planet. The food is good and the pricing is on par with most sushi places. Our only complaint is the service. Sometimes it is not great and we stay away for awhile after having a bad experience.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is chain in LA area but I have frequented this location as it near our families home in Moorpark.
The Sashimi is fresh and portions are nearly double Japanese standards. My son would typically get a platter which as kid and teen he would over eat on!
The rolls are the supersize and are honestly my standard for this version of modern rolls. They are over the top in every way. They are pictured in the menu but really I have not had a bad roll!
I could tell you to try various rolls but I recommend discovering for yourself by ordering 2-4 rolls and asking the great staff advice if you are a novice.
Of course they have plum wine and Japanese beers to pair!
I know you may have read several reviews here that seem to be over the top saying this is the best. It does always get down to taste and your expectations.
Still if giant flavorful rolls with a friendly and helpful wait staff is on your Jones list tonight and your anywhere close..Planet Sushi will not disappoint!

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

Our families are always choose this place to dine in for celebration. Fresh fish , best rolls and and great services. Do't forget to Try their happy hrs. ( awesome deals)

Reviewed 10 November 2015

You wouldn't expect little Moorpark to have outstanding Sushi - but it does! Love the ambiance and authentic decor as well. Menu has a nice wide range of choices, always super fresh and prepared to perfection. Yum! You'll enjoy. ...

1  Thank David B L
Reviewed 26 October 2015

I like sushi and try so many restaurants, at the end always comeback to the best : Sushi Planet in Moorpark .