“Good spam musubi, combo plate”
Review of Shakas

Shakas
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Arrived at 4:30pm on a Saturday, no wait.

Ordered Spam musubi and a two item combo. I like their Spam musubi because they wrap a whole piece of seaweed around the rice and Spam.
For the two items, I had chicken teriyaki and kalua pork. The pork was tender and tasty.
Combo included plenty of rice. Also had sides of cooked cabbage and macaroni salad.
Good value for the meal.
Parking can get tight during lunch hour.
When I'm in the neighborhood, I always try to stop by.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 25 January 2018

This place is pretty good. The prices are reasonable. I like their teri burger and loco moco the best. The shaved ice is unbelievable. I wish they served coffee.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 27 April 2017

A great restaurant to get our Hawaiian food. When you can't get to Hawaii, get to Shaka's. Everything we have tried here is really good. Not a place for anyone watching their calories because the portions are huge but of course, you can always share or save for another meal. Our go to choices are the shaka plate (teri beef, sesame chicken over rice, mac salad, chicken salad and a huge spam musubi), fried saimin and fried spam musubi. Must try the fried spam musubi...oh so good! We have tried almost all the other menu choices and have never been disappointed. Prices are not super cheap, plates averaging about $10 and bowls about $8 but you do get a lot for your money. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Baaam! I love me some spam musubi but frying takes it to another level. By the way, many items on the menu are fried. So if you are watching cholesterol levels, be forewarned. My fave is the chili. With slices of Oscar Mayer hidden in the spicy but good goop. The cabbage salad is old-school, like grandma used to make. Simply salted and wilted cabbage. Their spaghetti uses chili as the sauce which compliments the fried chicken. No table service. You pay at the counter, take a number and they deliver the food to you. Grab utensils before you sit down!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Food is good. Very tasty and fresh. For desert try the Shave Ice. It's like eating flavored frozen powder. Really good!

Date of visit: September 2016