“Best Chinese veg in LA”

Ranked #16 of 199 Restaurants in Monterey Park
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 27 February 2018

This place is amazing and if you like Chinese vegetarian food you won't be disappointed. The all you can eat menu (offered at limited times) allows you to sample a wide range of the menu with smaller tapas-style servings than you'd get from the a-la-carte menu (which has a lot more choices). I've brought dozens of carnivores here and many have been impressed and wanted to come back. One even became vegan. The staff are awesome too.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

It’s all you can eat on certain days. So you can get a great amount of nicely cooked Chinese vegetarian food for only $18. I come here on weekends when I don’t have any other better choice in mind. Low price and nice food. The large park space offered by the plaza is a plus.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Came with my family for lunch on our 1-day visit to LA. We've never had an AYCE vegetarian buffet in the US before (there is a great one in Singapore though!) so we wanted to try this one. It was really good. I think we ordered about 10 dishes for the 4 of us, and that is in addition to the free soup (corn with tofu), fried bread and rice. Well worth the $15.50 per person. Our favorites were Crispy Chicken, Vege Sausage with Cauliflower, and Vege Pork with Broccoli. If we lived in LA, we would definitely visit a lot!

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Tofurry
Reviewed 24 May 2016

love their house fried chicken; it is mushroom deep fried. Very yummy. Their fried buns are great. The prices are reasonable and they offer complementary soup - hot and sour or egg drop. You can also get brown rice.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 21 November 2015

My husband and I like trying different foods. We have tried other vegetarian restaurants and this one is the best we have tried by far. First of all, I have to give this restaurant high scores for the creative types of "meat". "Shrimp" made from rice flour -- has the same rubber texture and shape, Our "bird's nest " a basket of noodles filled with stir fried veggies and "meat" is "healthier" than the usual version with bits of "chicken" made from soy. You could have fooled me. It looked like stir-fried chicken. The menu is typical Chinese selections and all vegetarian. Brown rice, fried rice or white rice are choices. Second, it is very affordable. Finally, the menu choices were endless. I was so impressed with this place that I took a couple of to go menus to share via interoffice mail with friends. By the way, do not go during prime time. It can get very busy. Now about service.. this is a Chinese restaurant. Do not go in having the same serving expectations as in an "American" restaurant. So for service on the Chinese scale, it was average. This restaurant is located in an outdoor shopping center, just off the 10 freeway. Take the Atlantic off ramp. Underground parking is available off of Atlantic Blvd or Hellman Ave. If you are up to walking a short block and don't want to deal with the underground parking lot (it can be crowded and busy), park off of Hellman in the residential area. The restaurant is located facing Atlantic.

Date of visit: November 2015