“Great Korean food”

Won Ju Korean Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 318 Restaurants in Monterey
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We were in the mood for Korean food and, fortunately, the one Korean restaurant in Monterey was fabulous. We were the only ones there the whole time, which is a shame. it's a bit pricey, but justifiably. Three of us each had very different entrees and we all loved what we had. The waitress was very generous with the side dishes - there were 9 or 10, all home made and all outstanding. I could have had a meal just of their "salad," which was lettuce with Korean spices and probably something else. It was absolutely delicious. I hope they continue to do well because this place is a treasure.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Julieroadtrip

Reviewed 13 February 2017

My wife and I spent a week in Monterey recently. After eating lots of calamari and fish we were looking for something different. I had eaten at Won Ju for lunch years ago, and had fond memories. Dinner was great. The appetizer was delicious, the large assortment of kim chee and pickled vegetables was fabulous. Dinner was equally satisfying. The cook and server, husband and wife, are genuinely friendly people.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 December 2016

This was the first time I tried Korean food and I am so glad that I got to try it here. The owner was super nice and explained all the dishes well. We were a group of vegetarians and all of us were happy with the food and service. Portions are generous and I would definitely go there again.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

The food was great and the owner was so nice to take the time to tell us his story and a little about how they got there. Not a fancy place, but clean, inexpensive, and a delightful experience. The soups were incredibly good!! It's a two person show with the owners working very hard as the only employees- great family owned place away from some of the pricey touristy places.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank fortjacksonmom
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Of course, you do not have the view on the sea, but this restaurant was a great surprise. Fresh products, authentic menu, welcoming service.
Worth it :)!