All reviews living room the main house garden cottage other guests ashford suite port wine biscotti gorgeous dining room bed and breakfast trail mix each morning b and b jacuzzi tub wine and cheese fresh baked cookies quiet neighborhood yogurt
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent stay. Truly attentive staff, great setting, and beautiful rooms. A lovely experience that included lots of small touches you wouldn’t get in a hotel. Highly recommend a stay here.

Walking distance to some great restaurants, but the breakfasts are very good here. Wine and cheese in the afternoon was a great addition.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
WendyDominguez, General Manager at Old Monterey Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hello Chrisgraham86,
The Old Monterey inn staff is truly appreciative that you noticed how attentive we work to be as well as trying our best to ensure the rooms are beautiful and well maintained. We are so glad you joined us for our wine and hor d'oeuvres. Thank you so much for your review and we hope you come stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here as it was my birthday. This B&B is on the national registry and we had been traveling around CA for 2 weeks staying in national registry properties. Our room was nice, bed was comfortable. However as we stayed in one of the outside rooms we had to come into the main house and go to the second floor to put anything in the fridge. A small fridge in the room would have been nice.

Breakfast is vegetarian and served at 9.00 am. Savory and Sweet alternate days. The Sweet was too sweet. We knew it was vegetarian before we went but expected better.

The garden looked a bit sad. It claimed to be an English garden but I’m English and I assure you it’s not! Roses are there but that’s about it.

Overall we had a pleasant stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodations but it’s not a place we would return to.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Teresa,
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the staff here at Old Monterey Inn as we try our best to make all guest feel welcome and leave happy. However, we were disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate you taking your time to write this review as there is alwAys room for improvement. Our staff is currently working on adding many more delicious breakfast options to our wonderful menu. As many in the area we lost many of our beautiful flowers and green due to the drought we were in and water restrictions. We are also working diligently to restore our beautiful green gardens. We hope in the future you come stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I recently visited the Old Monterey Inn on Martin Street in Monterey, California. This most recent visit is but one of several that I've made to Monterey over several decades. On each occasion I've selected The Old Monterey Inn as I have always been impressed with both the facility and it's staff. If the staff of The Old Monterey Inn has been one thing above all else, they have been consistently outstanding.

The Inn itself is well maintained and remains as beautiful as I remember from each of my prior visits. Housed in a charming older residence, the Inn is located in a quiet residential neighborhood and is well situated with respect to all of the area attractions.

Access to the 17 mile drive, Pebble Beach, Cannery Row, Carmel by the Sea, and Pacific Grove is both simple and convenient. Travel time to the area's fine restaurants, many interesting shops and activities is a matter of only a few minutes.

On this occasion I was accompanied by someone who'd never visited Monterey or had previously enjoyed the restful comfort offered by The Old Monterey Inn. Given my prior experiences at this location, I confidently selected The Old Monterey Inn and as with prior occasions enjoyed my visit to no end. My companion was completely impressed with our accommodations, the beauty of the Inn and the excellent service offered by their dedicated staff.

Because this occasion was especially special, I selected the Garden Cottage for our stay. While I've selected other rooms on previous occasions, all of which were outstanding but unique in their decor, on this occasion I selected the Garden Cottage because of it's privacy and intimate surroundings. My companion was sincerely impressed by this room and has since indicated that she would love to return again and again.

As for the staff, it's very clear from their demeanor that they are dedicated to making their guest's visits worry free and relaxing. Although there is a beautiful dining room in which Breakfast is served daily, we opted to have Breakfast in our room. Each morning a scrumptious selection was promptly delivered to us which we thoroughly enjoyed.

After visiting this Inn of several prior occasions, I am convinced that both the facility and it's staff are an excellent selection for anyone visiting the Monterey area. I will certainly return again and again as this is facility is both unique and a great experience for any discerning traveler.

Hello Craig S,
Thank you so much for your lovely and informative review as well as always choosing to stay at The Old Monterey Inn when traveling to beautiful Monterey. The Old Monterey Inn staff takes pride in providing outstanding service while also making sure the stay is worry free for all guest who stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed our Garden Cottage accompanied by our delicious gourmet breakfast in your room. Thanks again for your pleasant and informative review. We can't wait for you to return, till then Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed two nights and really enjoyed both the location and the property.

We received great recommendations for restaurants from Wendy which were "spot on"! Property within walking distance to the wharf.

Bed soft and comfy! Breakfast can be served in the room if preferred.

We would definitely stay there again!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We got a gift certificate to the Old Monterey Inn for our wedding. We had never been there an didn't know what it was, but for our 5 year anniversary, we decided to give it a shot.

We booked the Mayfield Suite based on the fact it had a jacuzzi tub and fireplace in the room.

When we got there, it was like a secret garden. It was like taking a step back in time when entering the 1920's Tudor house that has been converted to a bed and breakfast.

We got a quick tour and arrived during free wine and cheese time (yay) in the living room and was escorted upstairs to our room.

The room was so charming and quaint. The windows opened into the trees and everything was nice and clean. Robes and slippers were also provided.

The Inn was really quiet at night and the sheets/bed were so comfortable.

Communal breakfast was served at 9am and my husband and I opted to eat outside in the garden since it was such a beautiful day.

The food was to die for; mushroom strata, fruit parfait, crumpet, coffee, orange juice. Oh my gosh, I'm drooling thinking about it.

In a nut shell, if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Cannery Row, definitely give this place a shot. We hope to be back soon.

PS, Wendy, the owner/Inn-Keeper was so friendly and nice. She said she'll be updating the rooms soon, so I would love to see what the look like when she's done.

Room Tip: look on the website and read each room's description to find one that fits what you're looking for. There's something for everyone!