“Wine Lover!”

Carmel Ridge Winery
Ranked #30 of 76 things to do in Monterey
Reviewed 25 February 2018

My fiance and I came in on our wine tasting tour of Canery Row. We were greated by the most adorable Black Lab named Charles. What a great way to bring people in, I'd say! We sat down and were greated by a very pretty young lady. She was nice, but wasn't very outgoing when it came to our tasting. She didn't talk much and didn't really give a lot of information about the wines we were tasting. A nearby winery had stories about the different wines and talked about where the vines were being grown at and all kinds of great details. When she poured our wines here, she kept it short by telling us what wine she was pouring. Not that much fun. We ended up entertaining ourselves with the cool dog books that were out on the bar. We love to wine taste in Canery Row, so we may be back and I hope to learn more about what I'm drinking.

Date of experience: February 2018
in 6 reviews
"purchase"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Loved this little wine tasting spot. Dallas, our server, was super chill and nice. All of the wines were very drinkable. We walked away with two bottles. Relaxed experience. Definitely recommend.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

$16.00 for a tasting flight of 5 different wines. Selection varies by time of year but always 2 white, 2 red and a sweet. Cleansing crackers are available here, something we didn't get in Napa. There was no rush and no push to buy. However, the prices are extremely reasonable for the quality.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2016

We enjoyed our wine tasting at Carmel Ridge Winery. Its a wine bar and tasting room in the Cannery Row area of Monterey. Staff is nice. They have a variety of white and red wines.

Date of experience: November 2016