“Good food with a Blues-y feel”
Review of Jake's Roadhouse

Jake's Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Monrovia
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I enjoyed breakfast here with my husband. We split the Bacon, tomato, avocado and cheese omelette. It was so good. And PLENTY to share. We had the pancake with it, instead of the toast, and it was very tasty. The service was great. The coffee was a bit on the strong side, but I'm not a dark roast kind of gal. They do offer French vanilla and hazelnut creamers in addition to the regular half and half, so it all balanced out.

The decor is great and has a Blues Brothers influence. It's very Roadhouse-esqe with peanuts on the table, and shells on the floor, blue checkered table-cloths and license plates from every state on the walls.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We chose this place for dinner based on it being listed here as the best restaurant in Monrovia. The peanuts on the tables are old. I got the pulled pork salad. The pulled pork was hard and tasted like it was leftovers that had been reheated. The muffin was also hard in the middle and rubbery. My husband's trip tip seemed more like baked roast beef with BBQ sauce on it that had been rewarmed on the grill. The mac and cheese was watery and had not much flavor. The music was great, but the food... not so much.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

This place has great service and delicious food. I took my parents there this past Sunday. They serve you a good size meal, enough for leftovers. They constantly come over to fill up your coffee. I love it here.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Some of the best hospitality and food on Myrtle Ave. The barbecue is well seasoned, but don't forget they serve an amazing breakfast too. Come hungry leave completely full. The portions are huge...so expect to leave with a take home container.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

The food was very good and fresh.
My only complaint was the sausage was very greasy.
The portions are large and well worth the money.

Date of visit: November 2017