“Delicious food, friendly but inefficient service”

Thailand Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 553 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed 29 July 2018

The food was delicious, though the mango salad, with medium spice, seemed hot to me. My favorite dish was wide noodles with duck. We ordered the vegetarian version of the Tom Gai soup, the diversity of ingredients was impressive. My son, who has spent time in Thailand, appreciates the food.

The air conditioning struggled to keep the place comfortable on a hotter than usual Modesto evening. The servers were friendly, but absent minded. They forgot to bring rice we had ordered, that was OK as it turned out we didn't need it. They forgot to bring water for some of us that arrived later than others.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

While returning home from Yosemite / Tenaya Lake after a very long and strenuous drive on Tioga Pass, we halted here for dinner. Our experience of Thailand Restaurant was so pleasant and comforting that it removed all fatigue and strain. The food quality was excellent. We also appreciate the care being taken for vegetarians to avoid any undue mix-up any non-veg ingredients. Ambiance is good and staff very helpful. Cleanliness is excellent. We would visit again and again whenever chance comes.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I've visited several times and it's consistently great service and great food. The portions are so plentiful that you might want to consider sharing. The mango andd sticky rice dessert is the bomb.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Our group enjoyed our food, which was flavorful and cooked the way we like it -- with the vegetables retaining some crunch. "Mild" was spicier than I expected. The three meals came to the table at different times, which is a faux pas, but the staff were friendly. The lack of a vestibule makes for a cold blast of air every time the door was opened, so if you don't like cold, sit as far from the door as possible.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

My friend took me here for my birthday lunch. The teryiaki chicken and chicken on a stick were delicious. The best part of the lunch however was the mango with rice and coconut milk dessert. DELICIOUS. I have never tasted anything like it. I can't wait to return to try something else.