“First and only visit”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Unimpressive! The restaurant looks very run down and not well kept. The chefs were very entertaining and the food was so-so. Mostly, I am giving a 1 for the service. We had a large party and the timing was very inconsistent and made it feel as though we were not one group. Sushi was still arriving after we had finished eating and at least one person didn't get to eat until all others had finished. After finishing the meal, the manager/owner (not sure which) basically told us to leave because others were waiting for a table. Sooooo RUDE! I couldn't believe that she would be so insulting, especially after we had spent over $300!

4  Thank Apryl H

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

One of my favorite places in Modesto, it's always a celebration! Fresh hot food prepared at your table. Fun Chefs, great drinks and fun Times

Reviewed 9 June 2016

They cook at the table, which is always fun. You are paying for the entertainment. The food was average for taipan style Japanese. they have a bar with karaoke. Fun while in the bar, not so great while eating (talents very).

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

The service was absolutely ridiculous. We had reservations for 7pm for a party of 10 on a Thursday night and we're not seated till 8:30pm. No drinks were offered to us and we had to ask for free appetizers cause everyone was beyond upset at this point. We sat at the table for another 30mins still no drinks, appetizer was brought but finally after all this time our party couldn't waste anymore of our time. If we were to have stayed it wouldn't have put us home till well after 11pm on a night we all have to be up early the next day for work. It had already been two hours and not a single drink was brought to us. I am so extremely disappointed in this place. It doesn't even matter how good their food may be service like this is not acceptable in any business. I suggest every person that works there get there act together and learn how to run a restaurant. They will be losing a ton of business due to this tonight. To top it all off we were not the only group that walked out tonight. Two other groups that I saw walked out as well. I highly suggest to anyone wanting to go here to rethink it and try somewhere else. If I could have rated it a 0 I would have.

2  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed 22 January 2016

I may have thought what I was eating looked fine because it was so dark. After the only person there got off the phone, we finally were asked a series of questions just to get a seat. After ordering drinks, we were told a few minutes later that they had run out of the soda we wanted. The Sprite tasted like dirt. We had bento boxes, which I thought was pretty standard for Japanese, was about half the food of what you get anywhere else. The food we did get was good and for the most part, filling. Paying was also an ordeal, as my co-worker had to hunt down the waitress even though we had already hunted her down for the tabs. This was for lunch, so not sure how dinner is.

2  Thank Jerry R

Been to Torii Japanese Steakhouse Center? Share your experiences!