“Excellent Sushi”

Raw Sushi Bistro
Ranked #6 of 553 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Sushi, Bar
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

First time dining there and will definitely be back. Even if you do not eat Sushi they have a varied menu to suit everyone. Excellent fresh Sushi.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Give yourself some extra time when you go here. Every minute is worth the wait. The food here is excellent.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We dined here with friends. The food was very good and the service was as well. I liked the decor, particularly the bar. The Dante’s Inferno appetizer was really good. I was favorably impressed and will go back.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We LOVE Raw! Great atmosphere and great sushi! Almost always eat here before concerts at Gallo Center! Be sure to make a reservation!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I had heard great things about this restaurant, so I decided to try it with my fiance a couple weeks ago. The ambiance of the restaurant is beautiful. I would enjoy coming in for drinks on occasion, but the food just wasn't as impressive as the restaurant itself.
We ordered 2 rolls that were highly recommended by the bartender. I believe the shark bite roll and something else with a creative title. The rolls came out so small! We were still hungry after eating both of those, plus our appetizers. We ended up grabbing burgers from in n out after. The shark bite roll was not that good, but whatever my fiance go was pretty good.
I just can't get over how we paid around $75 for 2 rolls, 2 drinks (1 bottled beer, 1 glass of wine), and a bowl of edamame(which was delicious, btw).
Our normal mom and pop sushi restaurant in Turlock has way larger portions, presented beautifully with garneshes and all, and way less expensive. The only thing our mom and pop sushi place doesn't offer that Raw does is the fancy ambiance.
In conclusion, we weren't impressed and probably won't go out of our way to drive to Modesto to eat here again.

1  Thank MrsV27