“Phenomenal dinner”

Ranked #20 of 542 Restaurants in Modesto
Price range: US$11 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Redwood Café we have combined delicious food, a comfortable atmosphere, and outstanding service to deliver a truly one of a kind, casually elegant dining experience in Modesto. Come and enjoy a delicious meal or nosh on appetizers at the bar with an outstanding glass of our over 100 ever-changing wine selections today!
Reviewed 28 March 2018

The food here is always delicious! The shrimp and grits was flavorful and portioned perfectly. The Italian salami pizza was outstanding. The lighting and decor was beautiful and modern. The staff was polite and helpful. I was there early for a meeting, so the parking lot wasn't too crowded. Overall, it was a great dinner!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We came to enjoy a family dinner this was our first time but not other family’s. Have always driven by and wanted to eat here so i was very happy to finally be enjoying a meal here ! First of all the restaurant is beautifully decorated ! So much going on with decor and glass patio and plants it’s very very nice ! We all ordered different meals, I am a pizza lover so although there were many nice offerings i chose pizza and
My husband ordered schnitzel. My pizza was very large for a single serving and was very good ! Hot and cheese melting ! My husband enjoyed his schnitzel because it’s unique but wish he had ordered the steak after seeing our daughter in law’s dinner arrive . The service was excellent and very attentive ! They are on top of filling water and drink glasses. A beautiful and enjoyable meal was enjoyed by our family it is a must try in Modesto !! It is a pricey restaurant but they offer more reasonable things as well on the menu . Worth a drive there .

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Went for family dinner, took 2 hours to get dinner, had to ask 3 times for bread, coffee, etc. Overpriced, horrible service. Loud music. For these prices, should have great service, great.food.. this place sucked.. Do not go there...

2  Thank barryt650
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Four couples had dinner here last night, for my birthday. Came from Stockton. After a short wait, we were seated in the cellar room. Well worth the drive; as the service was truly excellent, the food presentation was fabulous, and the taste was exceptional. A totally GREAT experience. A “big city” restaurant, in a smaller town. We will certainly be back!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Met the niece at the north end of Modesto.....I'm from Turlock so a long drive. She had a very good cheeseburger and fries. Fries were good, half the burger went home with her. She is such a little thing! I had the tuna melt as many of the items had spices I can't have or just don't like. I did know that ahead of time so the tuna melt looked safe. Well, the tuna was cold. Cold. That was a first. And the menu said grilled sour dough. But I thought it was like a grilled cheese sandwich, butter on the outside and grilled on a flat surface. This was literally grilled on a rack grill. Unfortunately the bread got a bit done in spots so I was eating burned toast.....my sweet potato fries were very good as was the honey mustard dip. Overall a little pricey but nice decor and the friendliest staff. A really nice bunch of employees.