All reviews great mall walking distance silicon valley san jose light rail would stay here again great business convenient location easy access levi stadium comfortable bed the ground floor outlet mall a great stay hot tub parking lot bistro
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I had a great stay here, not as good as my stay in the property in Raleigh, but a great stay none the less.

The staff were professional.
The room was great

I thought the breakfasts were fairly expensive, but I do realize that this is California normal. Having the mall of the Americas down the road worked out well for quick meals.

If I had to find one fault it is in your gym. I am sure that for a small investment you can add to your free weights selection and maybe look at putting in a power rack and a boxing bag.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AndrewBHM40
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Hotels around the Milpitas area seem ridiculously expensive and for that reason I stayed at this hotel because all my usual ones were overpriced. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room, it felt very modern and as I was on the ground floor facing into teh courtyard it was super peaceful and I slept well. I didn't try the breakfast as in general I avoid the inclusive places but the fitness centre was reasonably equipped.

Room Tip: Get a room facing into teh courtyard, its quieter
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick H
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is fine in general - but it is not set up well to work.

No power at the desktop.
No phone on the desk.
No light near the desk (and the rest of the room has only sparse lighting - so not easy to see if you are trying to work in the evening or early morning.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Raymond R
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I was totally disappointed with my current stay at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley. I am staying at Courtyard Milpitas for 8 nights and out of the 8 nights, there are 2 days with room charges at USD 479 and USD 440 which was steep even for a Silver Elite member like me. There was no complimentary breakfast and only one bottle of mineral water was given as an entitlement for a day and when you asked for more, it need to be charged !!. This never happened when I stayed at Fairfield Marriott Bengaluru outer ring in Bangalore India. Mineral water are given as complimentary and you can request for extra bottles without charge and the room come with complimentary breakfast ! Upon check-in, my credit card was charge at USD 2,220 as a form of deposit and to my surprise, on the 4th day of my stay, there is a bill send to my hotel to inform that my 4 night stay has hit a USD 1,000 ceiling and they need to bill me first for the 4 night stays....( Does the hotel think I may run off without paying or may not be able to afford the 8 nights stay? )

After billing me for 4 nights stay at USD 1,581.40, the next thing my credit card get another deduction of USD 560. When I checked with the front desk, Jeff informed me that the hotel have to get another deposit for the balance of my stay and this is triggered automatically by their computer system. I was also told that when they billed me for the 4 nights stay, the amount will be less out from the initial deposit of USD 2,220, balance will be refunded back to my card but it will takes days....... Jeff said he does not know why a deposit of USD 2,220 was charge to my card....

I just do not understand this at all. Isn't the initial deposit of USD 2,220 cover the 8 days stay ? Why do I have to place two deposit and pay for the 4 night stay when I am still staying at the hotel.

I just feel ripped off by the Courtyard Milpitas and it will definitely be the first and last time that I am going to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank atan171166
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I stayed here over the past weekend. Never again!!! For one they didn't have complimentary breakfast. The food they did have was sooo expensive and overpriced. My last complaint they returned the 185 dollars they took out of my account. I didn't realize it until they took it back out again and made me overdraft my other bills and each one I had an overdraft fee. So now I am in the whole for 285.00 terrible hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank gabrielmommy28
CourtyardMilpitas, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

gabrielmommy28
I wanted to address the concerns you posted. The Courtyard brand does not offer free breakfast at any of our hotels so I apologize that you were under the impression that we do. In regards to your frustration with our billing, the hotel does hold funds from every guest at check in to ensure there is enough money on credit cards to cover our expenses. This policy is posted for all guests to see at the front desk, I am sorry that you did not notice it.