All reviews great mall silicon valley san jose walking distance light rail convenient location would stay here again great business a king size bed easy access sitting area levi stadium outlet mall the ground floor a great stay hot tub parking lot
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is fine in general - but it is not set up well to work.

No power at the desktop.
No phone on the desk.
No light near the desk (and the rest of the room has only sparse lighting - so not easy to see if you are trying to work in the evening or early morning.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank roinuj63
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I was totally disappointed with my current stay at Courtyard Milpitas Silicon Valley. I am staying at Courtyard Milpitas for 8 nights and out of the 8 nights, there are 2 days with room charges at USD 479 and USD 440 which was steep even for a Silver Elite member like me. There was no complimentary breakfast and only one bottle of mineral water was given as an entitlement for a day and when you asked for more, it need to be charged !!. This never happened when I stayed at Fairfield Marriott Bengaluru outer ring in Bangalore India. Mineral water are given as complimentary and you can request for extra bottles without charge and the room come with complimentary breakfast ! Upon check-in, my credit card was charge at USD 2,220 as a form of deposit and to my surprise, on the 4th day of my stay, there is a bill send to my hotel to inform that my 4 night stay has hit a USD 1,000 ceiling and they need to bill me first for the 4 night stays....( Does the hotel think I may run off without paying or may not be able to afford the 8 nights stay? )

After billing me for 4 nights stay at USD 1,581.40, the next thing my credit card get another deduction of USD 560. When I checked with the front desk, Jeff informed me that the hotel have to get another deposit for the balance of my stay and this is triggered automatically by their computer system. I was also told that when they billed me for the 4 nights stay, the amount will be less out from the initial deposit of USD 2,220, balance will be refunded back to my card but it will takes days....... Jeff said he does not know why a deposit of USD 2,220 was charge to my card....

I just do not understand this at all. Isn't the initial deposit of USD 2,220 cover the 8 days stay ? Why do I have to place two deposit and pay for the 4 night stay when I am still staying at the hotel.

I just feel ripped off by the Courtyard Milpitas and it will definitely be the first and last time that I am going to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank atan171166
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I stayed here over the past weekend. Never again!!! For one they didn't have complimentary breakfast. The food they did have was sooo expensive and overpriced. My last complaint they returned the 185 dollars they took out of my account. I didn't realize it until they took it back out again and made me overdraft my other bills and each one I had an overdraft fee. So now I am in the whole for 285.00 terrible hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank gabrielmommy28
CourtyardMilpitas, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

gabrielmommy28
I wanted to address the concerns you posted. The Courtyard brand does not offer free breakfast at any of our hotels so I apologize that you were under the impression that we do. In regards to your frustration with our billing, the hotel does hold funds from every guest at check in to ensure there is enough money on credit cards to cover our expenses. This policy is posted for all guests to see at the front desk, I am sorry that you did not notice it.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Was greeted at the lobby with the painting crew rolling the ceiling and the toxic fumes of paint.
Didn’t see many cars in the parking lot, only the construction crew standing around laughing and drinking. Awesome!
Room sucks. No microwave? Really?
Maybe they will figure not everyone eats fast food for all their meals?
Refrigerator didn’t work, only blew hot air.
Found a microwave downstairs and the front desk just stared at me like I was an alien every time I came down that first night to use it.
I complained to one of the housekeeping staff that there had to be a microwave I could borrow and put it my room. He promised me he’d bring one up, and I never heard from him again. Liar.
Paint fumes permeated my room the first night. I checked out the next day.
Front desk didn’t even ask why I’m checking out 5 days early.
Seriously, be up front when the reservation was made about the construction.

Stayed: December 2017
CourtyardMilpitas, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

David H,
I am sorry to hear of your frustrations while staying with us. I'm not sure when you booked your reservation but our renovation has been listed on our website since last summer. We never want anyone to be surprised when they arrive on site, and I apologize this happened to you. I hope you will be able to return and see our brand new hotel this spring.
-Jeff

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Courtyard Milpitas great mall

We stayed here thinking it would give me and my 70 year old parents easy access to a game at Levi stadium so I’ll focus on that.

There is no sidewalk between the hotel and the mall parking lot. It ends up being about 1/2 mile walk to the VTA station that serves game day or Levi stadium events. You can park in the transit area.

The VTA Drop off for Levi stadium is a long walk. If you can manage the prices, staying at the Hyatt is closer.

The Courtyard area was beautiful, the pool is heated. No hot tub, but surrounded by palms and secluded.

The room had a mini fridge but no microwave and the blackout shades worked well.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family