“Better than I expected...”

Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Boulder, Colorado
“Better than I expected...”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This hotel seems to be very well run. Elevators, hallways, etc. could use some renovations for a 3.5 star hotel, but overall I like how attentive the staff is and the in-room amenities are up to par with a 4 star.

The location is convenient, but there is nothing around within walking distance so you'll need a car unless you want to eat at their restaurant (which is also very good).

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Our goal is to provide a positive and restful stay for each and every one of our guests at The Beverly Heritage Hotel and it seems your stay met those criteria perfectly. For future reference, we do offer a complimentary shuttle service to areas within 5 miles of our hotel, upon request, but we’re thrilled to see that you enjoyed Brandon’s Restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My room was spacious but needed refurbishing and lacked some amenities. The only thing that was really bad though was the laundry service -- by far the worst I've ever experienced. However, the surprisingly good food, and incredibly thoughtful and courteous staff helped offset most of the negatives. I'll probably try a different hotel next time I'm in the area though.

1 Thank JonathanLehr
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
We truly value feedback from our guests, as we believe that all comments, positive or otherwise, give us the opportunity to improve the experience for our guests. It is regrettable that your visit did not meet your expectations but we are glad to see that our personable service and cuisine made a difference. It would be our hope that you will consider returning to our hotel as we would welcome the opportunity to fully impress you.
Salem, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We came here after our Disneyland trip and picked BHH for the convenient location to San Fran, Santa Cruz and California's great America. We had made our reservation 3 months in advance and had pre-payed. We checked in at around 9 o-clock and I was very disappointed at how I was treated by the guy checking us in. The first guy was on the phone when I came in and he held up his index finger to me and that was that. I waited patiently for him to get off the phone but before he was finished another guy cam out and started helping me. I felt like I was inconveniencing him and he acted like he had more important things to do. He gave me the usual info and let me know that pool area would be closed on the day of our checkout. I asked him if they were pretty booked for the weekend and he replied "not really" and walked away. When I went up to the room I was extremely disappointed in the location of the room, it was at the very end of the hall next to the maids closet and the bedroom window faced the noisy freeway. Having asked it they were pretty full that weekend I was a little shocked that they stuck us in this corner ( I did notice that the check in sheet said TWO CHILDREN in CAPS, maybe they thought my kids would disturb someone else?) I was too tired from all the driving/sightseeing of the day to ask for another room and just decided to make the best of it. We loved the furniture, bedding, soaps, linens and pretty much everything about the room even down to the coffee creamers. The only complaint about the room itself would be the loud ventilation system and the freeway noise from the window. The pool area was awesome and we enjoyed many swims. We did have to call for towels all three times and the jets in the jacuzzi did not all work. Upon checkout the rate that was in my confirmation letter was different then the rate that was on my bill by more then $200+ it took the lady at the desk more then 15 minutes to figure out how to get me the confirmed amount with the proper taxes and everything and not an extra charge on my credit card. Usually when I prepay it takes no time to check out and I was really glad that I came prepared with my original pre-payed confirmation letter. So take away check in/out and the noise it was a great stay and I would stay there again as long as we are promised a room away from the noise!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Casey B
We certainly appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay at The Beverly Heritage Hotel, and we’re glad to see you and your family enjoyed your accommodations. However, it seems there are few issues that we would like to speak to. Due to a private party planned for our pool area, the possible extra noise was taken into consideration and most reservations were placed away from that area. We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your family vacation and we always like to include special notations for our smaller guests so that we may make their stay comfortable as well. Computers can be fussy at times and because of a glitch regarding a special promotion we were running, your check-out procedure did not go as planned, and for that we apologize. Our commitment to customer service will be further stressed with our staff in order to create the pleasurable experience we wish for all of our guests. Thank you for your review and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the very near future.
Portland, OR
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I'm a pretty easy-going traveler, and have some reasonable expectations of hotels. The Beverly Heritage is not the fanciest place, nor the most expensive in the area, so I didn't have huge expectations...but they still managed to disappoint me. I frankly don't understand why this is one of the preferred hotels for my company.

Let's start with the good - bed is very comfortable, room reasonable sized for 1 or 2 people (king bed room has an L-desk, chair and ottoman). Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet at adjacent restaurant is average, but does include a made to order omlette bar that most hotels don't have, so a positive for sure.

But the bad...my 3rd floor room was indifferently maintained. There were multiple large stains on the carpet, the wallpaper had stains, rips, and peeling corners everywhere. The sink had been cracked and repaired with globs of caulk. The TV remote did not work, and although it had the "travelodge" option to check out via phone, nobody in my party was able to do so - we all had to go to the front desk. When I rinsed the in-room coffee pot before filling with water, large coffee drips from the previous guest fell into the sink - obviously housekeeping doesn't clean it. Ick. And although there were 2 room service menus in the room, there was NO information on the hotel services or layout. The pool was easy to see and find - but would you look for a business center on the second floor down a hall of rooms? I wouldn't either.

Ultimately, I got decent rest during my trip, but was a bit grossed out by my room...and don't plan to be back. Plenty of other hotels in the San Jose area with similar pricing and better accomodations.

Room Tip: If you stay, get a 3rd floor room. I noticed several families, and heard running kids in the hall m...
2 Thank physicsmom04
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
It’s truly disappointing to learn that your stay was far from the relaxing and comfortable one that we wish for all our guests. We encourage our guests to let us know immediately if there are any issues with their accommodations so that we may assist in either helping with the problem or finding other suitable accommodations. It seems there were many missed opportunities for us to create an enjoyable stay for you, and for that we apologize. Thank you for letting us know about your experience, as it will ultimately help us to create a positive stay for all of our guests. Thank you for your feedback.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had a wonderful experience with this Hotel! The front desk staff, Denise & Mhike are AWESOME! So helpful, the customer service is outstanding, this is my new go-to place when in the area. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
BeverlyHeritageHotel, General Manager at Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
We are excited that you found us too! It’s delightful to hear that The Beverly Heritage Hotel exceeded your expectations and that you received the personalized service we are so proud of. Your comments will be passed on to our team members and will make their day. It was our pleasure to have you as a guest; we thank you for your outstanding review and can’t wait to have you stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
0.2 km away
4.1 km away
4.2 km away
3.3 km away
No photo provided

Been to Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose? Share your experiences!