“Reminded me of my childhood!”
Review of Omega Coffee Shop

Omega Coffee Shop
Ranked #152 of 347 Restaurants in Milpitas
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Back in the 60s 70s 80s, there was a restaurant called Stan's off of McKee Road in San Jose. It was where everyone went to hang out, have breakfast after mass, sit at the counter for a milkshake, reminded you of Mel's diner on TV. When it closed, we are all sad. But today, I tried Omega! It brought back such memories. We walked in and we were immediately greeted by our friendly hostess. she led us to our table and soon after we had someone taking our drink order and within 5 min. We had our water, coffee and juice. The menus were amazing... It went on forever!! The kids menu was perfect too! We ordered breakfast and the plates were huge! Everything was delicious!!! The place had a fun atmosphere and the service was on point! When the check arrived they double checked again if we needed anything .. No rush to have the table cleared. We paid up front which was another treat... They had an old fashion cash register!! We will most definitely return! 7 hours later and our family is still full from breakfast! What a deal on a great meal!

1  Thank m r

Reviewed 20 May 2015

Had heard good things about this restraunt; however my party and I were disappointed. The service was very slow, even though there were few patrons. Our dinners were over cooked.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

Went there about 2pm , had to ask 3 times for a menu, I used to go there 30 years ago,
never updated the decor it looks like a dump,we had no time to look fof something else
before traffic started , the food was awful had a bacon avocado cheeseburger meat had no flaver
bacon undercooked avacado all brown $10.95 french fries where ok.it used to be good .

1  Thank Marianne B
Reviewed 11 November 2014

We have enjoyed having breakfast here. When they have the pork chop and egg special for breakfast, it is one of my favorite at Omega's. Service is friendly. This diner has been here for years. While its is comfortable and retro in look, sometimes I wish they would update it just a bit.

Service is friendly.

Portions as mentioned are generous and there is good coffee.

There is a separate room for group gatherings here as well.

2  Thank mini33
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We love the food at Omega and have been regulars for 20 years. Never had a bad meal. The portions are generous, prices reasonable and they are happy to accommodate special requests if they can. The service is a tad spotty. Sometimes you get a go-getter and other times you get a clock watcher. What kills me is how dated, run down and cheesey the interior! The dining room has SO much potential. A retro diner vibe would be amazing. But no, they updated the place 30 years ago (my guess) and now we're stuck with worn out 80s pale mauve! It's a hoot, that I can overlook it to get their corned beef and cabbage, homemade soups and fabulous salads!

2  Thank Nilene T