“Excellent Service...”

Bashamichi Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 104 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Description: Serving authentic Japanese cuisine with American flair. Sukiyaki, Tempura, Tonkatsuand Sashimi. US prime grade steaks. Assortment of Japanese appetizers. Featuring Satsuma Wagyu Tataki and Steak. Casual dining with superior food experience. Wine and Sake bar. Open for lunch. Lunch box (Obento box) Hamburg with demi glace sauce with rice. Katsu Curry. Steak Tataki salad with garlic vinaigrette dressing.
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We were visiting from Hawaii and were in Millbrae overnight after our flight into/out of SFO. We ate here twice and both times the food and service were excellent.

The first time we ate here it was just my husband and me. He had the Sukiyaki and I had the Chicken Teriyaki meal. My husband enjoyed the Sukiyaki and said it was very filling and the sauce/soup base was very flavorful. The Chicken Teriyaki was tender and delicious. We both ordered the miso soup, while he had a fresh green salad as a side and I had the white rice, which was fluffy and of good quality. The second time we were here, my husband and I ordered the same dishes and our two sons accompanied us and they each had the Chicken Katsu Curry and a side of Tempura. They said the curry was great and the tempura was crisp and not oily. They both enjoyed their meals.

The owner Kaoru and our server Thomas were so pleasant, welcoming and efficient. They kept checking to see if we were enjoying our meal. Both times the restaurant filled quickly with other patrons who appeared to be regulars, which to us says a lot about the quality of the food and service.

1  Thank izsmom

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Like many reviewers, I stayed at the hotel where this restaurant is located. The food was not bad but then again I don't eat at a lot of Japanese restaurants. I had the chicken teriyaki and it was good. The waitresses were very nice. My only problem was that the place is so crammed and noisy when it's busy. You really need to talk loud with people in order to hear them! Maybe it's less noisy the further back you go in the restaurant. I really enjoyed my meal but the restaurant is just so busy and loud!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

We were just passing through and the location was convenient (in the hotel we were staying next to the airport). We selected 4 of the appetizers and the miso soup. These were good. But our entree was the grilled salmon and it was over cooked, and the texture was very uncharacteristic. Our server was friendly and they were efficient. We would go back and we would recommend others. But I recommend avoiding the cooked salmon.

1  Thank Joshua W
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The restaurant is located in a LaQuinta Inn, and the decor is very simple. I was one of the few non-Japanese individuals in the restaurant (which I considered a good sign).

I had the salmon teriyaki with salad and rice. The lettuce salad had a tasty but very light dressing. And the salmon teriyaki was served with a portion of lightly cooked veggies e.g., carrots, brocoli and green beans. I appreciated the small portion of fish (two slices) and the larger portion of rice. I also enjoyed several cups of a delicately flavored green tea. The meal was fresh, and the plate was beautifully arranged (something I remember from meals in Japan).

The price was quite reasonable, especially given the rather high prices that are typical of the Bay area. My dinner, including tip, was less than $25.00!

1  Thank ColumbiaMDPercolate
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Because it's convenient and attached to the La Quinta hotel we went in there for dinner. First of all, the interior is modern sleazy diner atmosphere, looks like a fast food joint. Nothing wrong with that if the prices match the experience, alas, they don't.
We had a grilled cuttle fish for appetizer which was actually pretty good, no muss, no fuss, no effort to make it look good on a plate though. As entrees we had two orders of grilled shrimp with garlic olive oil. The 8 shrimp were either frozen or cooked too long to be really tasty. When ordering ice tea we were told that all the had was iced green tea, what was brought out was a glass with ice and a can of japanese green tea that we opened ourselves.
Now, mind you that I'm not criticizing the food and service as such, I just don't think I would ever pay $60 for it. If this meal would have cost $20 it would have been closer to reality. They also offer $50 japanese Wagyu steaks there, which I could not possibly ever imagine devouring in such ambience.