“Excellent”

Zen Bistro - Millbrae
Reserve with OpenTable
Zen Bistro - Millbrae is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Zen Sushi Bistro - Millbrae is a refreshingly new chic restaurant that offers a casual dining experience in a hip and classy environment. The head chef, Sano, offers a diverse menu of Japanese cuisine at a reasonable price, including a variety of creative
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We were in town for a few nights and wanted to walk to a restaurant. While there are tons of asian restaurants in Millbrae, this one has the nicest atmosphere so were extremely pleased that the food was even better. We normally take a few pictures, but it looked so good we dove right in. We had the special duck which was grilled and served on grilled orange and cooked perfectly, 2 sushi rolls-"the best of the best" was amazing and the lobster roll. Grilled abalone, small but yummy. A noodle dish that was clear rice noodles in a slightly sweet sauce with chicken....might go back for dinner tonight. Not kidding!

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Zen Bistro's fish are swimming in the fish tank when you arrive--can't get any fresher. The food is freshly prepared with a deft and delicate hand so the essence of the food's flavor comes through. We've been there for a delicious Dim Sum lunch, and also for a full 10 course banquet, and always we've been impressed with the food.

The service has varied--sometimes very good, especially when tipped in advance; sometimes pretty rude, depending on the server.
Suggest you come with someone who knows their way around the menu, as there are lots of choices. But the fish is always fresh!
There is also a full service bar available.

Reviewed 8 June 2016

The Happy Hour menu at Zen Bistro was a real treat for us. An excellent assortment of dishes and beverages at very competitive prices -- and delicious too! Their regular menu is extensive - - - we look forward to returning and trying some other options.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

My son took me to Zen Bistro for my birthday and I was so pleasantly surprised. It had a lovely, quiet, Zen-like atmosphere. He had the beef sukiyaki and I had a pan-fried noodles. We also shared a sushi roll. My son definitely enjoyed his meal and I enjoyed my pan-fried noodles which was topped wth 2 delicious shrimp, lots of small chicken pieces surrounding the noodles and a lot of cabbage. The flavor was outstanding. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I was craving for a Japanese meal after work so the boyfriend took me to Millbrae. From the outside, the place looks tiny but it's not. Luckily there was no wait/no long lines that Friday night. We were seated immediately since there's only the two of us. We ordered the duck breast (this one's yummy) , some unagi, sashimi and I ordered the ramen. The ramen was OK. I wanted soup that night since it's been raining almost all day and needed something hot.