Backyard Garden Oasis B&B
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesbed was very comfortablethe main housefamily weddingfrench toastnice sizedelicious breakfastlovely treeshuge backyardthree nightsclear lakecalistogapondpropertydogstovecreek
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We stayed three nights as the result of a family wedding nearby. The B&B has three one-room cabins in a quiet wooded setting behind the main house. The rooms are a nice size, beds comfortable, and baths with showers up to date. Coffee and tea-making facilities, TVs, strong WiFi, and roomy closets are most welcome.

The owner, Greta, is an intelligent and delightful person, and we looked forward to our breakfast conversation that covered many topics. One morning we had French toast, another an omelet with a choice of ingredients, and the third huevos rancheros. Fresh cut up fruit and muffins or toast are also available.

Room Tip: The last of three cabins has the best outdoor patio facing the woodes.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for more at Backyard Garden Oasis. Lovely little cabin in the garden with some decking where we sat in the evenings sipping local wine and watching the hummingbirds.
Great is a superb hostess and Rusty the dog was great fun. The breakfasts were excellent.The accommodation was very comfortable and we spent our days walking up St Helena at nearby Robert Louis Stevenson park, dove ground pretty Clear Lake and enjoyed delicious wine tasting.
Highly recommended

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GretaLZ, Owner at Backyard Garden Oasis B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

We love having visitors from Great Britain! You are always gracious and appreciative. Your comments are very kind.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I had booked this property for the sole purpose of being close by my new home which is in escrow and wanted to be near to sing my papers. Escrow was delayed and I had to cancel because I did not know when it would close and did not want to book a date and have to change as I had already had done once before. I was told I would be charged for my entire stay because I was within the five day cancellation. I tried to explain to the owner that this was an "emergency" and could not afford to pay, I was agreeable to paying one night's charge etc., the day I cancelled she processed my entire charge. She claimed that there were several people she had to turn down? Perhaps this is true, however, if her place is so popular she could have very well been able to book it. In the meantime I am out over $300 and feel cheated. I am sorry I feel I need to give them a bad review, however, there should be some understanding when life happens. I could be totally wrong. In the midst of my transition, selling my home and purchasing a home, I have been having to stay here and there and this was the last thing I needed to lose my entire payment. Just saying, be sure to know the policies before you book and give your credit card.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank OliveJA
GretaLZ, Owner at Backyard Garden Oasis B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

I regret that this potential guest was so distraught about having to pay the cancellation fee. I make no secret of what my cancellation policy is and after having changed her reservation not once, but several times, and then cancelled it just two days before she was expected to arrive, I was forced to impose the fee. Even then, I offered to return the fee to her if I was able to re-book the cottage or to give her a 50% discount on a future reservation. She refused both of these offers. My goal is to have every guest experience be a good one, for both the guest and myself!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

The cottage is situated in the huge backyard of the host's house. It is a very nice room: spacious, nicely designed and equipped with a refrigerator, TV, coffee machine.
The bed was very comfortable and the surrounding calm and quiet. There are 3 cottages in the yard, Ours had a nice deck with chairs and a round table.
The host was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
GretaLZ, Owner at Backyard Garden Oasis B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is a small, 3-cottage B&B. Gretta, the owner, is very nice and serves a great breakfast. The cottages are comfortable, as was the bed. It is definitely in her large backyard. Her property goes way back and includes a pond in the lower area (below the cottages). Our only problem was the heat. I don't recommend Middletown or Clear Lake in the summer. We were there June 19 and 20, then headed to the coast to cool off. This would be a wonderful place to come in the spring and fall. I don't know about winter.

Room Tip: If you want to bring a pet, one cottage is pet friendly.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
GretaLZ, Owner at Backyard Garden Oasis B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Karol, I only wish I could reverse climate change! This coming week will be in the 80's, so it will be a great escape from June glooom in the Bay Area.