“The nicest folks!”
Review of Red Cottage Inn

Red Cottage Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Menlo Park
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed at the surprisingly affordable Red Cottage Inn while attending a private event in Atherton. On the outside it's just a regular motel, but the rooms are clean, well-furnished and obviously recently updated. Nothing super-fancy, but certainly everything I needed! Not only that...I left some clothes in the closet when I checked out. They immediately e-mailed me to let me know and offered to mail them to me. Within 5 days I had received the clothes and they never demanded or even asked me to cover the postage. I would return there any time I need to be near Stanford or Palo Alto!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maroa R
RCIadmin, Guest Relations Manager at Red Cottage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We are very delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the package of clothes we mailed arrived safely to you. We look forward in welcoming you back and celebrating events with you.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

We found this location last minute and what a find. It was comfortable and very pleasing. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jimandstacyh
Reviewed 18 November 2011

When I first pulled into the parking lot I was thinking I had made a terrible mistake booking a room there. The girl at the front desk was efficient but not overly nice and the "lobby" wasn't anything special so I was still a bit leery as I was walking to my room. Once I got to my room I was very pleasantly surprised. It was decorated very nice, looked immaculate, and had a nice little fenced in patio. The bed was very comfortable and the it was also very quiet which is extremely important to me because I'm a light sleeper. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank adventuregirloregon
Reviewed 26 October 2011

In Aug, 2011, we stayed here for 5 nights while our son swam at Jr. Nationals at Stanford. So much better than a big hotel. Quiet. Grounds are beautiful. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices. Front desk staff was always cheerful. The room was clean but not huge. The bathroom was nice size; there was a very large refrigerator (which is great when trying to feed a hungry swimmer); and a nice little patio outside our sliding door. We didn't spend much time in our room, except to sleep, but it more than served our purpose. I would definitely stay at this place again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank IHSIndian
Reviewed 25 August 2011

When I booked the room, I wasn't quite sure what to expect as usually we stay a "name brand" properties. The Red Cottage went beyond our expectations. The rooms were very clean with wonderful amenities including in room refridge and microwave. Breakfast was the usual continental, but everything was replenished promptly. Staff was always pleasant and helpful Although we didn't use the pool, it also looked clean and well cared for. I would definately stay at this property again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Stanford Park Hotel
#1 of 11 in Menlo Park
0.6 km away
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park

Been to Red Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!