“good Mexican food off the main street of Menlo Park”
Review of Cafe Del Sol

Cafe Del Sol
Ranked #18 of 133 Restaurants in Menlo Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Went here on a weekday night and at 5 PM we were the first customers . By 6 PM the place was quite full. The server was very nice and the portion size was good. Ordered the Shrimp Diablo which even by its name implies it could be hot to the taste. I asked for it to be prepared mild and when it was put on the table it was still very spicy hot. Told the server but she didn't offer to change the entre. Also ordered this plate with refried beans and it came with black beans. I think the kitchen is not reading the order slip.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The food is good and seems much healthier than regular mexican food. Portions are a good size . The service can be a bit slow.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

A group of us went for dinner on a Friday evening around 5:30. There were a number of empty tables when we arrived but it quickly filled up. The restaurant interior is very casual and quaint.

Everyone agreed the food was very good. I had the Salmon en Papillote which was full of flavor.

Service was very, very slow. We waited for over an hour for our meal, the waiter did not come back to fill up water glasses, and the chips and salsa we ordered never arrived.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We were visiting from out of town. We found this restaurant on trip advisor. It was close to our hotel and offered a nice menu. The place is off the main road so it is not an easy location to find. However, we are glad we did. The food was great. I had a chicken tostada which had a lovely mango salsa on it. My husband had a shrimp tostada with a similar salsa. My sister had the fish tacos which looked amazing. They had lots of interesting selections on the menu. Sonia, our waitress was awesome. She was friendly and took great care of us. The ambiance was lovely, perfect for a romantic evening. It is a small place which added to the atmosphere.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I meet here for lunch with friends often. Last week was no exception. I have never had a bad meal here. Odd little (15 tables maybe) dining room, sparse in décor, in a location on the edge of downtown Menlo Park. Plenty of parking near a large outdoor lot. Friendly service, we often have the same wait staff that are helpful and happy. To start they have the best green salsa anywhere. Great fresh chips for dipping prior to your meal. I have fallen into the routine of ordering the chicano salad which is a ceasar salad with well spiced grilled chicken, a quesadilla cut in little triangles served around the rim and a warm brochette of grilled tomatoes, onions and jalepeno pepper. Poblano Relleno, anything with Shrimp the Red Snapper Dorado, Ceviche, wet burritos all outstanding. I would highly recommend this place if you are in search of a casual Mexican meal. It helps that I live nearby and have easy access