All reviews redwood forest few minutes drive country living the main house relaxing stay comfortable rooms grounds are beautiful margie cedar pear town frogs hosts hiking muffins
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My parents were in the Pine room and my husband and I were in Cedar, there really are not enough words. In short this is the perfect oasis, you can roam the open spaces, read under the redwoods or take a short jaunt from the private road to the ocean and restaurants in Mendocino or Fort Bragg.

The rooms with real fireplaces and plenty of privacy allowed for the perfect environment for our little family get together. Beside very comfortable beds, plenty of pillows and spaces to sit outdoors to read or visit we got to play with the family dogs who love to visit as well as listen to the chickens (which are not as loud as you would think).

My parents enjoyed a wonderful and filling breakfast made by Margie who was welcoming and accommodating. So I am confused by other reviewers that have stated that she was otherwise. Perhaps they have not considered that she has a business to run and while visiting is nice, that there re other guests as well as chores to be tended to. We were treated great and had a wonderful conversation after breakfast.

If there was one thing I would change if I could it would be for a brighter reading light in the Cedar room for late night reading. There is only one chair in this room, but it has a wonderful window seat with pillows that allow you to lay back, relax and take in the views. This comment about lighting should not take away from the primary reason for coming to the Mendocino Farmhouse which is set in the middle of a soaring redwood forest, meadows and a pond: it is incredibly peaceful and beautiful.
peaceful and beautiful.

Room Tip: We love the cedar and pine, they are very quiet and separate from the main house. This was our second visit.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hzlblu4ever
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Loved our farmhouse room and bath. Garden, flowers, forest very restful and cool. Surrounded by redwoods, beach 5 minute drive. Tiny, quaint town right on the ocean. The town folks were warm and welcoming. The cook was inviting and made us feel like new friends. Inside house was very cozy, charming, and decorated with care. BUT..
The owner, my husband and I felt like we were intruders. We have a service dog and the first things she said was "did we have a dog crate and did we bring poop baggies." Our second morning the owner served us and was cold and curt. I had to adjust my attitude so as not to let this ruin my whole vacation experience in Mendocino, CA

Room Tip: Loved the separate barnhouse room. Lovely gardens, wandering chickens, deer, and nature. Plus was we were not in the house proper.
2  Thank GEtravel2013
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Awesome! My friends and I wanted a girl's getaway for the weekend. We are so happy we picked this B&B because Margie is so great! She treated us like family in a low key way making sure we were comfortable and satisfied. The grounds are just beautiful with the pond and Redwood tree groves. Breakfast was also great with fresh eggs and homemade jams. The rooms are quiet and very comfortable. My friends and I will be back for sure. Thanks Margie!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The Mendocino Farmhouse is surrounded by lawns, private garden spaces, a small pond and towering redwoods. There is a sense of peace and tranquility about the place which encourages deep relaxation. It is only 1.5 miles from Mendocino village and the coast or less than a 5 minute drive. Breakfasts were delicious, our host friendly, rooms were clean and very attractive. We stayed three nights. It was less expensive than many other B and B's that we considered staying out but we could not have asked for more. I would return in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Lee W
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed in the Cedar room and have a lovely time. Our room and the lawn reserved for its guests were clean and tranquil. Breakfasts were delicious and generous (without being excessive or heavy). The Farmhouse is just a two or three minute drive from the coast and, to my mind, much more relaxing than larger and more expensive inns with an "ocean view," which too often means a clear view of Highway 1 and trees with a hint of water near the horizon.

Regarding booking and administrative matters, Margie was easy to work with, confirmed everything by email, and was flexible about our arrival time, despite it being somewhat late.

We look forward to returning!