“COCKROACHES”

Hotel MdR-A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Marina del Rey
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Left our visit early when we awoke to a group of them in our bathroom. Front desk didn't seem bothered by it when i advised them. I am a Hilton Honors member, and they really could have cared less about hearing something negative. Their "make it right" commitment is just advertising.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank norme174
Steve P, General Manager at Hotel MdR-A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear norme174,

Please allow me to extend sincerest apologies for your experience with us. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We had your room inspected by EcoLab to ensure there weren't anymore uninvited guests. Ecolab confirmed this room is insect free. Our intention is never to make you feel as if your complaints do not matter. I have followed up with the staff to ensure improvement with staff to guest interaction. As a modest sign of apology, I have refunded your points used to book. Although I cannot change what happened, my goal is that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Should you need anything further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Room looks like something from the 70's. cigarette burn marks on the carpet and yellow carpets were not what i expected out of a doubletree in the Marina Del Rey area. Also charging for a parking seemed very unnecessary. There was just no reason for that, when you can park 4 steps away fro free at the mall that is in open space

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Rooms - good and clean with big beds
Service - good and fast service, very accomodating
Food - Breakfast - good buffet option available as well as a la carte menu
Staff - Friendly and helpful
Swimming pool available

Room Tip: One set of room over looks the parking, one set overlooks the pool
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I am an HHONORS Diamond Elite Member. No special treatment as Diamond member, only two bottles of water! This is really a very poor Hilton hotel. The hotel is outdated and in urgent need of renovation. The room are extremely noisy due to lack of isolation (so you need earplugs to sleep). In the first room I was given, the noise was unbearable (guests talking around the pool) so after asking I was given another room. Unfortunately this room was noisy as well (streetnoise due to poor isolation). The room was rather average. That bathrroom was very small and in urgent need of renovation (really not Hilton standards). The hotel charge an excessive 24$ for parking and for this you need to park your car yourselves (and even needed to go back to my car after check in to put a small piece of paperwork in my car to authorize parking). All in all a very poor Hilton hotel! Avoid to stay in this hotel if you can (and I say this as a loyal Hilton HHNORS Diamond Elite member)!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can
Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Vincent D

Dear Vincent D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I can see that you had a very poor stay and would love to make this right for you. I want to apologize for not meeting the expectation you have developed from your frequency with Hilton properties. Please check the email attached to your Hilton Honors account. I have sent an updated copy of your bill. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything else further we can do to make this right. We know that traveling can be stressful, and want to say thank you forgiving us the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This was my first time travelling to California. My girlfriend and I flew in from Toronto, I rented a Mustang convertible. Upon arrival to the hotel, we were greeted by very friendly staff. I was given a parking tag and pass, at which no time was I told that there was a $24 US per day charge plus tax. There was no sign on the counter or on the wall advising that you will be ripped off for parking. im only posting the negatives of this Hotel because I am having Travelocity try to rectify the problem, the hotel won't reimburse me for the parking.
our first room faced the garbage compactor for a small plaza and smelled of a wet dog which is understandable as the hotel is pet friendly.
I contacted the front desk about the room, they assigned us another room which had a view of the garbage compactor which was fine, I just wanted to relax. I discovered that the shower in this room had very little pressure, so low that I couldn't wash my hair. Again, we were moved to another room. It was smaller, no sofa but at this point the shower worked and it didn't smell. It had a better view, the main drive leading to the hotel.
Yesterday morning our check out day, I got out of bed and noticed a piece of paper had been slipped under our door. It was bill for parking. $184 US!!!!
Who needs a coffee after getting blindsided like this. After getting up off the floor, I contacted the front desk. The girl said the charge is posted on the Travelocity website. I looked and looked and looked and finally I found it buried in an obscure part of the website. I told the girl that nowhere on my confirmation was this fee mentioned or on my parking mirror hanger or on the pass itself. I also asked why I wasn't advised that this fee existed when I checked in or why it isn't displayed at the front desk. Same BS, sorry we can't help you.
So Travelocity is looking into the issue and will let me know within 24 hrs, I have a feeling it's all lip service. I will contact MasterCard and file a complaint, I will also contact the CEO of Hilton and let them know how there brand ruined my first experience visiting LA.
Thanks MDR Dbl Tree
Dan Tesanovic

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dtesanovic5069

Dear Dan Tesanovic,

Thank you for taking the time to express the details of your stay. We do apologize if the parking fee was not displayed at the front desk. We are sorry if it was not noticeable at the parking garage entrances. Due to all of the inconveniences you experienced with your room and lack of being informed, we hope you enjoyed the two complimentary nights that we refunded back to Travelocity. I do hope this made it right for you. I am grateful you took the time to share your experience; This will allow us to examine areas of opportunities that may not have been opportunities if it weren't for you. Thank you again, and we do hope that we get the opportunity to impress you in the future.