1,060 results
All reviews movie theater double tree great location warm cookies pool area santa monica within walking distance nice pool breakfast buffet venice beach easy access business trip very nice hotel definitely stay here again lax airport short drive hotel restaurant
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This was my first time travelling to California. My girlfriend and I flew in from Toronto, I rented a Mustang convertible. Upon arrival to the hotel, we were greeted by very friendly staff. I was given a parking tag and pass, at which no time was I told that there was a $24 US per day charge plus tax. There was no sign on the counter or on the wall advising that you will be ripped off for parking. im only posting the negatives of this Hotel because I am having Travelocity try to rectify the problem, the hotel won't reimburse me for the parking.
our first room faced the garbage compactor for a small plaza and smelled of a wet dog which is understandable as the hotel is pet friendly.
I contacted the front desk about the room, they assigned us another room which had a view of the garbage compactor which was fine, I just wanted to relax. I discovered that the shower in this room had very little pressure, so low that I couldn't wash my hair. Again, we were moved to another room. It was smaller, no sofa but at this point the shower worked and it didn't smell. It had a better view, the main drive leading to the hotel.
Yesterday morning our check out day, I got out of bed and noticed a piece of paper had been slipped under our door. It was bill for parking. $184 US!!!!
Who needs a coffee after getting blindsided like this. After getting up off the floor, I contacted the front desk. The girl said the charge is posted on the Travelocity website. I looked and looked and looked and finally I found it buried in an obscure part of the website. I told the girl that nowhere on my confirmation was this fee mentioned or on my parking mirror hanger or on the pass itself. I also asked why I wasn't advised that this fee existed when I checked in or why it isn't displayed at the front desk. Same BS, sorry we can't help you.
So Travelocity is looking into the issue and will let me know within 24 hrs, I have a feeling it's all lip service. I will contact MasterCard and file a complaint, I will also contact the CEO of Hilton and let them know how there brand ruined my first experience visiting LA.
Thanks MDR Dbl Tree
Dan Tesanovic

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dtesanovic5069
Steve P, General Manager at Hotel MdR-A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Dan Tesanovic,

Thank you for taking the time to express the details of your stay. We do apologize if the parking fee was not displayed at the front desk. We are sorry if it was not noticeable at the parking garage entrances. Due to all of the inconveniences you experienced with your room and lack of being informed, we hope you enjoyed the two complimentary nights that we refunded back to Travelocity. I do hope this made it right for you. I am grateful you took the time to share your experience; This will allow us to examine areas of opportunities that may not have been opportunities if it weren't for you. Thank you again, and we do hope that we get the opportunity to impress you in the future.

Steve Pastor
SteveP@hotelmdr.com

Reviewed 21 November 2017

A perfect place to stay before an early morning flight. The staff was wonderful, and the accommodation was clean and comfortable. We were on the 4th floor (Room 446), and had a quiet night sleep with window closed (with window open the road noise is loud). No ocean view, but beautiful sunset sky above hotel. The breakfast was definitely a step above the usual hotel breakfast. The location was awesome. We went out to dinner in Venice (about 10 minutes drive north, but we could have walk if motivated).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Best hotel stay I've had in a while. EJ and Gavin at the front desk were both very accommodating and very knowledgeable about the local area. Greeted us with a smile. Said farewell with a smile. Service was outstanding. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor offer a better view of the city
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Staff is nice and hotel is very clean. Dining offers a great bar, dinner and breakfast buffet meal. Will definitely stay at MDR Hotel with my family every time I visit the Los Angeles area, Highly recommend this hotel to family members.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 17 November 2017

So I requested a room for one night to celebrate my husband's birthday. We are new parents and getting a night away after being out (we went to a Bruno Mar's concert) was a BIG deal! So I was super excited about the night. Well I will say we checked in late due to the concert but we ended up with a subpar room. I requested to be on the highest floor possible, I was put on the first floor in a handicap accessible room. Not our idea of romantic. The front desk clerk that checked me in was friendly enough but he cursed while checking me in and that was unprofessional. Also, he tried to act like the room he gave us was great when I told him about it being my husband's birthday but I don't care about being able to view the pool.

We ordered room service and that is why I am giving the hotel 3 stars. The food came fast and it was tasty and exactly what we expected.

All in all for almost $300 a night I expected more. Would I come back- probably, but only if my requests were not ignored.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple