“Relaxing Lunch”

Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Marina
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Travelling to Monterey I wanted a place for lunch a bit different than the usual burger place. I checked the websites and found Tico's Restaurant. Our Navigation system took us to 330 Reservation Road but it took a little looking to find the place in the strip mall.

Inside it is immaculately clean and fresh with nice tables and decor. The menu was extensive for a place that does breakfast and lunch. My husband had the Eggs Benedict which he said was delicious especially the home made, freshly made sauce. I had pancakes and strawberries, not something I usually have but the picture looked to good to pass up. I was not disappointed. Just as well I do not live close to this place.

Highly recommeded as a stop on your travels.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We went here on our last morning for breakfast before driving home. It is a small local family-owned restaurant. There are a lot of selections for breakfast. We throughly enoyed our omelets and fruit! The food is made fresh and is delicious! Friendly service. In a strip-type mall with no real atmosphere but good value and food is wonderful! We would go there again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Not just unusually well prepared food, but very nicely presented. A small attractive restaurant (9 tables) with great breakfasts and lunches. They had just started serving dinners on Fridays and Saturdays.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We were staying in Marina for a few days and ended up going to Tico's twice for breakfast because it was so great.

The menu has lots of options plus there are several daily specials. The chef absolutely knows what he is doing, everything freshly made with care and beautifully presented. The eggs benedict were just as good as the reviews and the pancakes were lovely too. Plus strong coffee and excellent orange juice.

The service was friendly and there was good music playing in the background. Very convenient location with parking right outside. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Recently visited my sister in Marina and she brought us to Tico's: I was very impressed! Accustomed to "fancy" brunch in large cities - and a huge brunch fan - I was under the impression this would be a local diner-esque experience. I was somewhat shocked, however, to find such intriguing dishes as mango pancakes, Bananas Foster French Toast and every permutation of seafood-in-eggs dish you could imagine. To be perfectly honest, I've probably had slightly more eloquent dishes at fancier (and more expensive) brunch places but for a small, local venue in a small town this was definitely far above my expectations! And for me, I'd rather be impressed by a local gem than simply satisfied by a fancy, higher-end option in one of the true resort areas of Monterey... Thanks for the great brunch, Ticos!

Been to Ticos Breakfast & Lunch? Share your experiences!