“Excellent dishes, diverse menu”
Review of Jimmy’s Kouzina

Jimmy’s Kouzina
Ranked #42 of 203 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Old Venice was first established in 1984 by Jimmy and Julie and their 6 month old son Andrew. A couple years later, they added a new baby girl named Natalie to the family. In 2006 the building was tragically burnt down by a neighboring business and sadly in 2008, Jimmy was lost to a tragic bicycle accident. The Family stayed together through the tuff times and in 2009, Julie along with her two children, Andrew and Natalie rebuilt Old Venice to what it is now. Andrew is now the head chef, giving all his credit to his late father Jimmy. Julie and Natalie run the front of the house operations and the family continues to keep Jimmys Memory and legacy alive in the same way that he would have done. Don't miss out on one of the few businesses that has been in Downtown Manhattan Beach for over 30 years! OPA!
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon this place cruising MB and glad we did. Greek and Italian menu. I had the gyro and our server said it was the best gyro (beef and lamb) meat anywhere. Couldn't agree more. Great gyro. My wife had the spanakopita and she found it fresh and delicious. Place packed out as dinner time rolled around so the locals know better. Stop by, we'll be back for sure. Four stars for food and attentive service. Simple decor but comfortable.

Date of visit: May 2017
Andrew H, Owner at Jimmy’s Kouzina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you stumbled upon us and enjoyed your dining expirence. We are a small family owned and operated business and we appreciate your kind words and take lots of pride in all that we do to serve the public. Spread the word and we look forward to serving you again, OPA!

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Took the entire family last summer and came back this week with my wife. On the recommendation of my grandson had the beef and sausage ravioli. I have to say it was the best I have ever had. The menu is so varied I had a hard time deciding but am thrilled I did. Huge portion half of which I took home for lunch the next day! Just as good the second time around! Great wine selection at reasonable prices as well. What a great place!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised when we stumbled upon this place on our walk along manhattan beach. We got the fried calamari which was prepared different than we expected or have had before but we were again pleasantly surprised- this is how fried calamari should be! It was delicious and served with a homemade marinara. We also got the feta dip and pita and it was amazing-so fresh and flavorful. We got our 2 year old a little pizza, made with pita and he ate almost the whole thing so he was a fan of the food as well. Def recommend going here

Date of visit: March 2017
Andrew H, Owner at Jimmy’s Kouzina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are glad that you stumbled upon us and loved everything! Our fried calamari is prepared using the filet steak of calamari and we tenderize it to perfection. Some parents even trick their kinds by telling them it is chicken so that they will try it, haha. We are also very pleased that your 2 year old was a fan, after all kids can be some of the toughest critics and we value thier options just as much. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to serving you again and hope that you will recommend us to all your friends and family! OPA!

Reviewed 24 February 2017

While using up an afternoon before flying home my wife and I happened upon the Old Venice restaurant. After reading over priced menus at several zagat reviewed restaurants near the pier we were happy to find this one. Though very quiet on this Thursday evening we were fortunate to happen upon it. My wife was very happy with an Andrews salad and bowl of white bean soup. I was impressed with the spaghetti and marinara sauce with sausage. The spaghetti was truly al dente, not soggy and freshly prepared. The sauce reminded me of my dear grandmothers Calabrian sauce; thick rich and clinging to the spaghetti. It just begged for a crusty herbed bread to soak it up. Fortunately an abundant supply was close at hand on the table. Service was quick with just the right amount of attention. A great inexpensive experience.

Date of visit: February 2017
Andrew H, Owner at Jimmy’s Kouzina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

What a wonderful review! We are so glad you found us on your visit to Manhattan Beach. We are family owned and opperated and take lots of pride in all that we do. We have been serving downtown Manhattan Beach and the South Bay community since 1984. We have even been using the same stock pot to cook our marinara sauce in ever since and you can probably taste it! Our white bean soup recipe has also been in the family for over 30 years and the Andrew's Salad is something that was created by our chef about 8 years ago after we reopened after the fire and has been a hit since. Andrew our Chef was 6 months old when Old Venice first opened its doors in 1984! Thank you again for your kind review. We hope that you made it home safely and we hope to be able to serve you again someday. OPA!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

If you're looking for great food without spending an arm & a leg, this is a great place. We really enjoyed the food. The service was friendly and efficient. So many good choices, we had to go twice!

Date of visit: January 2017
Andrew H, Owner at Jimmy’s Kouzina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Thank you for a great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed everything and have already had a return visit. Hopefully we will get to serve you again. We have been in the same location for over 30 years and take pride in all that we do. Our restaurant is like a home to us and we want everyone who visits to feel at home! OPA!