All reviews university campus ocean view cafeteria campuses amenities wedding pch
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

On weekend drives from Brentwood, we often stop at Pepperdine to take in the ocean views. It is so peaceful and gorgeous on weekends...
If we’re lucky and still here around 5:30pm, we see the wild deer wandering around, getting dinner.
Has to be one of the most attractive campuses in the US.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Attending an event with limited rooms available I was fortunate enough to get one of the few rooms available to our group. Views are unbelievable , ocean visible from almost everywhere . Practical student cafeteria on property and award winning eateries in close proximity. Most valuable attribute is the friendly warm welcoming attitude of the staff I have encountered. Place is a gem with a Malibu visit. Rooms clean with all amenities and great beds.

Room tip: Book well in advance as this is a small property with an excellent location.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I was married at the Pepperdine Chapel and needed accommodations that allowed me to be close to the venue, but I didn't want to fight PCH. It's not a full-service hotel, so if luxury accommodations are what you're looking for, then book elsewhere. It's on the university campus, so there's no room service, etc. But my room was LOVELY, comfortable, quiet, and I watched deer and had an ocean view. Exactly what I wanted. A quiet night before my wedding.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MalibuMomma
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at the Villa numerous times over the past 18 months and highly recommend it for anyone staying in the Malibu area. The rooms aren't big, but they are well furnished, clean and quiet. The views are incredible and the staff is great.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank John H
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Stayed late August 2 nights for Malibu wedding. The other reviews are accurate – very nice, good value for Malibu. Hotel rooms and lobby are within the Business Center; there’s no signage for the hotel and the way there has many twists and turns. The Tripadvisor map shows the location accurately. There must be a security risk that management would choose such an awkward wifi log-on, but it works fine once you’re on. Our 3rd floor room was ample, with large bathroom, walk-in shower, plus a large outside balcony with nice hillside views. Also, guests can use the glass-enclosed terrace with great views of ocean and Malibu hills. About 3 minutes from hotel to coast highway and about 7 to 10 minutes to Malibu restaurants, shops. Very safe area and hotel. I will definitely return here if in Malibu.

Room tip: #302 faced east with lovely views over the hillside. Large balcony, very private, quiet.
Date of stay: August 2016