“Easy parking, great view, great food.”

Paradise Cove Beach Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Paradise Cove Beach Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: Paradise Cove Rd.
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Easy to park with valet service that costs $6 if you eat at the restaurant. View of the ocean is incredible. The service was good but the one thing I was shocked by is that inside there are tons of photos of celebrities and past photos of what Malibu looked like. This place is geared towards tourists. When I asked the waitress if she could tell me any shows, movies or otherwise filmed in the Cove she looked at me funny and said "no, I have no clue". Lo and behold, I google and find out "Rockford Files" show, a Britney Spear's video, and an album cover for a Beach Boy's album was all shot in and around the area of the restaurant. During orientation it might be a good idea to school the waiters on a few of those interesting tidbits to share with tourists. Back to the food, the fish tacos and calamari were both very good. The presentation of the Watermelon daiquiri was inspiring! I will be attempting to make it this way!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed 9 July 2015

The food is good, the service is always excellent, and the view is captivating. I love the early-bird specials and the tables by the window. It's worth the wait.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Great cafe for eating right on the beach. Love eating and digging my feet in the sand. Food was good; service good and very accommodating to my twin grand daughters. Cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 8 July 2015

This restaurant is located on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. When we arrived, the parking lot was full so we were turned away. This was a Monday at about 2 pm. However, we saw other people parking on the shoulder of the highway and walking in. Just be sure not to park in an area listed as "no parking." Also, beware; the walk in is downhill, so the walk back out was all uphill...very uphill on a full stomach! But on the bright side, if you park on the highway, there is no parking fee! There are chairs one the beach where you can order food, or you can wait for a table.

Food/drinks: We started with a drink at the bar since we had to wait for a table. The bar staff was very friendly. I had the Malibu Starburst and it was refreshing and fruity. We overheard the bartender tell patrons that only certain drinks are allowed outside of the restaurant and out to the beach, so don't expect to be able to take just anything out. Once we were seated, the food was delicious and of good quality. I felt like we got what we paid for. The BBQ onion burger was cooked perfectly and had a lot of flavor. The steak sandwich was also delicious.

Atmosphere: We asked for a table outside and it was well worth it. The umbrellas offered shade so we could have a comfortable meal. The inside is cute and the walls are covered with pics of celebrities who have dined here. Crowded inside because it was so busy. But I liked the beachy vibe of this place.

Service: Our server was good; quiet but efficient. Like I said, the bartenders were great!

We stayed and relaxed on the beach for a while after eating. The beach is beautiful here, cliffs, sand, and even a pier! Plan on spending a couple of hours or the whole day! Showers and changing rooms are available. The beach was well worth the walk!

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Great place to eat!!!! Lovely ocean view, fun little outside area to eat. Shared an appetizer platter between my husband and I. We both had a cup of clam chowder which was nice and creamy. Wasn't too sure about the little ball/cracker things that were in the soup but I still ate them. The platter we had calamari, coconut shrimp, grilled shrimp, 2 fried fish, 2 chicken strips, BBQ ribs and fries. I was sad they didn't have any small salads. I need a roto rooter to unclog my arteries after eating there. The food was good. Next time we plan on making a day of it down there. Parking is expensive, $40 for the day or longer than 4 hours, $6 for 4 hours with restaurant validation which isn't too bad.....

Thank Ashley.cat