“Great beach location! Brunch menu served until 3pm onbSun.! Great customer service!”

The Sunset Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sunset Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: PCH
Description: The Sunset Restaurant is a lovely getaway from the hustle of life. Let our staff whisk you away on a culinary journey you are sure to enjoy.
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We met some of our new found friends at this cool ocean restaurant on Sunday. They have a great location located right across the street from a awesome beach! They park your car for $6 or you can park for free if you can find a spot. The parking attendants have excellent customer service. As we entered the hostess greeted us with a smile and we let her know our friends already got a table for us. You may see a variety of paparazzi and famous people dining here any time of the day or night at this restaurant! Our table was located on the second floor with a great view of the ocean! They do have windows that open completely so you can hear the waves. Bring your shades and a hat if you dine in the afternoon. We had a great lunch! We were just in time to still get brunch items! The server told us it stopped at 3pm. My wife got the salmon lox and said it was delicious. I ordered the banana French toast with a side of hash browns and bacon it was very good! Our friends got tacos, and fish & chips! Everyone enjoyed the service, view, and menus! We definitely will be back to try some other menu items! The lemonade was delicious too! Great service in a cool place! Thank you to all the employees of the Sunset Restaurant that made our day a great one!

1  Thank Yehbut

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We wisely checked first to find out what was the best time to have dinner, and when they told us 4:30, to get the maximum sunset view, we grabbed it. What a show! The view from the second floor, watching the sun sink below the Pacific horizon line was breathtaking. The food was very good, especially a superb cheese plate and the lobster pasta dish. Compliments on the rolls as well. Excellent wait staff.

1  Thank cranberries0928
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful place to visit for lunch or dinner. Right on the beach with spectacular view . Parking available on site.
I was very happy with everything. The staff were so friendly. I arrived 30 minutes early as I had a reservation and was seated straight away.
Wait staff are attentive but not in your face. They were all friendly.
Thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection, followed by the pear tart with ice cream. Yummo.
Will most definitely come back again.

1  Thank lisawesley13
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Please do yourself a favor and find another place to enjoy dinner while watching the sunset. My son found a maggot in his food and the manager, Martin Ivanovski handled the ordeal in an extremely unprofessional manner. Half way into our meal, my son noticed something that he thought was a worm in his calamari. My husband, a scientist and physician immediately recognized the “worm” as some type of larvae. We quietly notified the bus boy (closest employee to our table) immediately who brought the larvae to our waiter. He came back and told us that it was totally fine because “it wasn’t a maggot, it’s a baby shrimp”. So we googled a “baby shrimp” which in NO WAY was what we found in our son’s food. Our waiter offered to take the calamari off our bill but we had all lost our appetite for dinner.
Now we were all upset by the maggot, but realize that food service isn’t always a clean business and things like this can happen. When they do, it should be up to management to apologize and to make the situation right. So I asked to speak to the manager.
Not only was the manager RUDE and DISMISSIVE, but insisted that I must be wrong about the maggot in my son’s food. After I explained that I wasn’t looking for a free meal and had already paid the check (sans the calamari) he continued to insist that his seafood is fresh and that I must be mistaken. Not only was it disgusting to find a maggot in my son’s dinner, it was disgusting to be treated this way. I was only trying to bring the matter to his attention that perhaps their flour was contaminated and should be examined for additional larvae. He treated me like a vagrant looking to skirt the bill.
BE WARNED. HE DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT MAGGOTS COULD BE IN HIS FLOUR!!!There are plenty of places to enjoy the view in Malibu where maggots are not on the menu, but perhaps that’s what one might expect from a place that has a manager that is unapologetic about the “extras” found in the calamari.

3  Thank Blondie G
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is literally on the sand at the beach in the north part of Malibu. The shell fish is delicious and they are generous. Had both the clams with linguini in wine sauce as well as their muscles in a delicious broth. They are extra generous on the quantity of clams and mussels. The flavors are rich and delicious. And the view was directly across the sand onto the beach and the beautiful ocean.

1  Thank PilotMichael

Been to The Sunset Restaurant? Share your experiences!