“Stunning location ”

The Sunset Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sunset Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: PCH
Description: The Sunset Restaurant is a lovely getaway from the hustle of life. Let our staff whisk you away on a culinary journey you are sure to enjoy.
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Went for an early supper with family to watch the sun set. Stunning location. Food was good not spectacular. We had the lobster warm and it was overdone. However the children had fish and chips and the lobster and crab linguine both of which were delicious. Great friendly service and a must go if you are in Malibu for the setting alone

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Wonderful views at this beachside restaurant! There is valet parking which helps you get in quickly as free parking on street is taken by the beachgoers. Do yourself a favor and have the crab cakes....they are yummy!

1  Thank jenrockford
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

My daughters and I had a wonderful dinner here last night. We had an early reservation so we could enjoy the sunset with a table by the window. It was perfect. This is a casual place with a busy, fun bar area. They have an extensive cocktail and wine selection and excellent house wines. For dinner, one daughter chose skirt steak which was well cooked and served with asparagus spears and fantastic potato gratin. The seafood is of course the star here and my clams with linguine is the best I've ever had. Beautiful little necks were super fresh, sweet and cooked perfectly. There was a hint of garlic and right amount of red pepper flakes for some heat. The pasta was perfect but the clams were the star of the show. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank RedRaders
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I made a Sunday brunch reservation here for a work meeting and it was so worth it. The place was packed so we had to wait 10 minutes for our table. But the service is first rate. The view of the ocean is killer and we were seated right next to the open window.

The menu is filled with gluten-free options which I needed. I ordered the linguine with clams and it was fresh and the clams were plentiful. I would have added more red pepper flakes than it was served with as the spice level was light and the white wine sauce was light. But that's just my preference. Others in my party had the spaghetti, the fish and chips, and the fish tacos. Everyone thought the food was excellent, very light and just the right amount.

They have valet parking ($5) which is a good thing as the whole area is crowded. I would love to go here again and again and try different things on the menu.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

The place wasn't too packed although the lounge was busy for their happy hour specials. The burger was actually pretty good and the avocado fries were delicious. The best part was obviously watching the sunset when we notices a whole bunch of dolphins going by in the ocean. Absolutely unforgettable evening.

1  Thank khrys_2117

Been to The Sunset Restaurant? Share your experiences!