“Delicious Gluten-free Spaghetti with Clams and Decent Wines plus Awesome view”

The Sunset Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Sunset Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Cross street: PCH
Description: The Sunset Restaurant is a lovely getaway from the hustle of life. Let our staff whisk you away on a culinary journey you are sure to enjoy.
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I made a Sunday brunch reservation here for a work meeting and it was so worth it. The place was packed so we had to wait 10 minutes for our table. But the service is first rate. The view of the ocean is killer and we were seated right next to the open window.

The menu is filled with gluten-free options which I needed. I ordered the linguine with clams and it was fresh and the clams were plentiful. I would have added more red pepper flakes than it was served with as the spice level was light and the white wine sauce was light. But that's just my preference. Others in my party had the spaghetti, the fish and chips, and the fish tacos. Everyone thought the food was excellent, very light and just the right amount.

They have valet parking ($5) which is a good thing as the whole area is crowded. I would love to go here again and again and try different things on the menu.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

The place wasn't too packed although the lounge was busy for their happy hour specials. The burger was actually pretty good and the avocado fries were delicious. The best part was obviously watching the sunset when we notices a whole bunch of dolphins going by in the ocean. Absolutely unforgettable evening.

1  Thank khrys_2117
Reviewed 26 January 2017

We recently booked our wedding reception with the Sunset and from start to finish they have been super helpful and very communicative with us. This of course all to say a day made alot easier. We recently got the full tour of the amazing location and went through all details from A to Z again just making life a little simpler. I have nothing but amazing things to say, and cant wait for our big day by the beach this Summer. Best of all, we will have a Sunset too!

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Ever wanted to be back in that vacation mode ? How about an easy going restaurant steps from a sandy wide beach and the crashing of waves as a backdrop. This is Sunset Restaurant by Zuma beach in N Malibu. It's food is fine but the location smell and sound are priceless. If you live in LA no need for planes or trains - just go for a lunch by the beach and relax.

1  Thank Andy K
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Good place, yummy burger and nice wines. It is a pitty that the restaurant is too small but I love to be there year by year. Great parking service!!!

Been to The Sunset Restaurant? Share your experiences!