“A Must in Malibu”

Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Reviewed 13 June 2018

If you want ocean view seating you have to show up as soon as the restaurant opens so this way you have that beautiful view. The service was great, they were very attentive to me which I always find wonderful. the food was good and the drinks were amazing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We dined for breakfast at what must be the most waterfront of waterfront tables.
A beautiful summer morning in Malibu, with the waves lapping mere feet from our table on the deck.

The breakfast menu while short, contained a lot of dishes we wanted to try which made us feel it was thoughtfully designed. Service was on point with friendly Californian charm, and the food did not disappoint - fresh, tasty and flavorsome.

Before long we were back on the road, and high-giving ourselves for the great choice in Nobu for our breakfast. On site valet parking is easy, reservations by phone (strangely no online booking system)

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

International guest:
Booked a table 3 weeks before.
While waiting for a table we were refused service at the bar. The service was rude, unprofessional and stressful. The reception service was unable to call us on our mobile to inform us when our table was ready. After waiting for sometime at the bar we finally were able to order a bottle of wine, when asking for a ice bucket we were told it wasn’t available for those without a table (like, come on !!??) Over crowded and lack of everything. Nothing like Doha, London or Dubai. Big disappointment and not worth the effort. A very scenic location but the service totally ruined the experience.
We ended up going to McDonalds on the other side of the road ..... very upset.

2  Thank Kate F
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

As being from Ireland, I am well used to having the best of Fish. This did NOT meet the standard I had heard about... I have eaten in NOBU in London and it was fabulous, but this one was a let down! We’re on our holidays in LA & really want to to make the trip to malibu to go to Nobu.

Not sure what the staff are told to do really, my partner and I found them all quiet “pushy” and felt under pressure when it came to order. Being from a town with two Michelin star restaurants I’ve had much better sushi in one of them that doesn’t even specialise in Sushi. Neither of us thought it met our expectations at all.

I really wanted Nobu Malibu to be a hit , it had stunning views and a great reputation. Didn’t want to ever write up a review like this & I don’t write them up much, I try to keep it positive. Just hope it can improve in the future for others.

2  Thank Kelly G
Reviewed 9 June 2018

This place is not cheap there is no getting around that, but this may be the one restaurant that doesn't make you care about its pricing because it is definitively one of the best restaurants in the world. The food is simply unbelievable, flavorful and fresh. The service is attentive but not overly so. And the location is unbeatable being right on the ocean. Their omakase menu is something to consider so you don't have to navigate the menu and you know you are going to get multiple plates that are all delicious. This restaurant is simply fantastic.

Been to Nobu Malibu? Share your experiences!